• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop and Windows Symlinks

Contributor ,
Aug 06, 2023 Aug 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else had the experience that the current release (24.7.0) and Beta (25.0.0) version of PS CC do not play nicely with Symlinked folders in Win11?

I have separate Actions and Scripts folders that are symlinked to those in both versions of PS.  This worked with a previous version of PS but now when I click an Action or run a script from within PS it locks up.  If I run the script from Visual Studio Code it's OK and if I unlink the folders Actions and Scripts run OK from within PS.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2023 Aug 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if it's just the beta 25.0 version causing the issues?

I've been using the photoshop beta on a windows 11 install and it is causing all sorts of issues with itself and 24.7 like some scripts error out, Lghtroom photos don't transfer to photoshop, etc.

If you unistall the beta version and reinstall photoshop 24.7 do things work right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, it's the same problem in the current release (24.7.0) and the Beta (25.0.0).

Having removed the symlinks and copied the Actions and Scripts from my separate 'master' folders to the respective Presets folder in both versions, they work OK, reinforcing my suspicion that it is the symlink that causing the problem.  Though why it should is a mystery, because it operates at a higher system level than PS.

For the moment I'll have to put up with editing the scripts in the 'master' folder and copying them to both PS versions. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes having the Beta 25.0 version can cause problems with the 24.7 version as well.

That's why i suggested removing the beta version and reinstalling the 24.7 version to see if the issues with 24.7 are resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 14, 2023 Aug 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Strangely, several days and a couple of reboots later - it's working OK with both versions of PS installed and no changes to the symlinks.  Must have been some Win11 screw-up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines