• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Artistic Features

Contributor ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am wondering lately if Adobe will be adding any more features for digital painters to Photoshop or have they abandoned Photoshop as a painterly software?

The last significnt art addition can I recall was the mixer brush way back in CS5. 

Ever since, they have moved away from digital painter and all new additions are continually for graphics editing only. 

Looks like all new painterly/artistic features are being added to Fresco and no longer Photoshop.

As someone who uses Photoshop strictly for digital painting, I am wondering if it is still worth it to pay monthly fee for software that is no longer geared towards artists and instead is for graphic designers and such. Maybe is worth taking look at other art software that is keeping up with current art technology and trends such as the other competitors? Does anybody have similar thoughts or maybe have some information on whether or not Adobe may be introducing new artistic features for painters at some point in time?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not looking for any specific feature, the original inquiry was whether or not Adobe plans on upgrading its painting features or not. Too many features to name. Best way is to take a look at other softwares like Rebelle or Fresco or Corel Painter. Youtube will have many short and to-the-point demonstration videos on these programs and all are very far ahead now of Photoshop in terms of current digital painting features, technology and techniques. Perhaps Adobe is moving away from Photoshop in favor of something like Fresco for this type of art softwares? 

I have never used anything other than Photoshop in over 20 years and do not know how to use any other softwares. But PS  has fallen way behind the others for painting and was just wondering if maybe we can look forward to some new tech in upcoming versions. If there is no information on this then it is no problem. I have searched internet and found no info so was just intersted in asking the members here if anyone may have a heads up, that's all. What better a place to ask?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gangeek wrote:

I am wondering lately if Adobe will be adding any more features for digital painters to Photoshop...The last significnt art addition can I recall was the mixer brush way back in CS5. 

One addition Adobe made after CS5 was to hire Kyle Webster and make all of his brushes available with a Photoshop subscription. If you haven't downloaded these yet, open the Brushes panel menu > select Get More Brushes.

As to Adobe's future plans, they do not announce them until they are ready to announce them. If anyone has inside information, they are under NDA. I agree with Eugenio that you should make a feature request to Adobe. It's best if you can be specific about what you are seeking.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some of the Webster Kyle brushes are great but even those are pushing 10 years ago. Not much since...... every upgrade so far has been for graphics editing. Which is fine. Not a problem. Photoshop is image editing software first. Not knocking anything, I have been firm supporter of PS for decades now and still use it every day. I am worried that they are no longer providing digital painting upgrades, that's all. I do not want to switch softwares, I am very happy with PS. But other softwares have some very very nice features now that Photoshop simply does not and they have not kept up. I am afraid that they are not interested in competing with painting anymore and that is worrying me. I do not want to switch but it is very enticing to see what other programs are capable of doing these past few years..........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines