• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Automate Batch using Action - Save as Original File Name

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using the Automate > Batch command and an Action to batch convert a number of images.  Is there ANY WAY to get it to save in the output folder with the original file name?  With so many images to batch convert, going in and renaming the output files back to the original file name is a PITA!  

I tried to google search but didn't find a definitive answer.  My current action uses the SAVE command I beleive, and I have read that if you use Save As or Save for Web you can achieve original file naming but haven't seen it confirmed.  

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.  I have attached a copy of the action steps if that is helpful.  

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can save with original file name just do not touch filename box when saving during record process. It should work and your file should be saved with original filename but different extension. You can use both mentioned methods. Are you aware of recent changes when saving files? Depend on your version you may need to check one option in Preferences to make Save As work as it used to.

Are you aware of Bridge > Export panel that can be used for quick conversions?

bridge export.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your reply still hold true given that the action takes a design file and puts it in a mockup file?  The creator of the action said he hasn't found a way to output the file with the original file name of the DESIGN file, rather it revents to providing name of the mockup file, since the design file goes into the mockup file.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See below...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you ticked the override action save as checkbox in batch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes.  Here is my current batch screen.  The person who created the action for me said since its a deisgn file going into a mockup file, that the original file name woul be the name of the mockup file not the design file, if that makese sense? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It has to be done opposite, the batch command opens the various design files, then places the mockup file into the design file, changes the layer stack position of the mockup below the design etc. This way the batch action will use the design file name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines