Photoshop Bitmap / Halftones with transparent background

New Here ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, could you help me please? So, I got a design, and I want to bitmap/halftone it for screen printing. The design is on a transparent background. Everytime I take the design and bitmap it, the transparent background will go away... I don't want to mask out the entire design, please help me. Here's a picture of the design (Added a solid color, so u can see the design better, would be transparent normally):

Screenshot 2022-05-07 163956.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're looking to add a halftone effect without converting your file to a bitmap (so that you can maintain the transparency), you could either apply the Halftone Pattern filter (Filter > Filter Gallery and inside the filter gallery go to Sketch > Halftone Pattern) or install the free Comic Kit script and apply it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of, thanks for the reply, second off: The script doesn't work, when trying to open the .zxp file (script), photoshop says "Could not complete your request because it's not the right kind of document". The Halftone Pattern does not work aswell, cause I can't define the LPI, which is important for screen printing.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like your design is two colors, black and white, plus transparency. You could select all non-transparent areas, and save that in a new grayscale doc. This will be for your "white" ink. Select the inked areas, and save that as a new grrayscale doc. This will be for your "black" ink. Now you can convert both of those to bitmap, and overprint the "black" over the "white".

Here, I've made the two as Solid Color layers, to illustrate how they stack (over a solid gray layer):

"white":

Semaphoric_1-1652029891957.png

"black":

Semaphoric_2-1652029973687.png

Composite:

Semaphoric_3-1652030025208.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you help me on discord? My tag is zKutari#4775

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they just helped you...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, but I dont get it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you explain that more detailed?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Halftones are automatically created when screenprinting... you don't need to make them in Ps. 
Talk to the printer and they'll show you how this works.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines