• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop brush stroke moving canvas?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, whenever I try to make a brush stroke in Photoshop CC 2018, it moves my canvas as though I'm using the hand tool rather than actually putting down a brush stroke. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling my Intuos3 tablet drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop with all of my preferences removed, I've tried resetting my tools to see if that would have any effect and have had absolutely ZERO luck.

I did a test run with Krita to make sure it wasn't a tablet issue and my brush strokes worked 100% fine in that program, so I think this is a Photoshop specific problem. If anyone has any pointers, please, please, please, help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as this is an issue that only recently came up and I haven't the slightest idea why it might be happening.

Cheers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Hi

No need for any of this now. Microsoft have now issued an update to fix the issue that they caused . See link in this page from Adobe:  Cannot paint with stylus when zoomed in on image | Windows 10

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 117 Replies 117
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, David - this worked! The pen was moving my canvas instead of being a brush/eraser. The WinTab txt file video worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to thank you on behalf of one of my best friends. She was having a fight with her tablet and was worried it was broken when she found this solution. Thank you so much for posting and helping us out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad it helped her.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, uninstalling the recent updates helped

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was on a job today and wound up discovering this same issue after installed updates this morning. Waiting for a solution to this bug. I wound up using clip Studio to finish my job. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have KB4089848 in my update history, yet I'm experiencing this problem as well. My most recent updates (installed today) are KB4093110, KB4093112, KB890830, and KB4099989. Am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem after I installed the following Windows updates: KB4093112 and KB4093110.

After removing KB4093112 the problem disappeared!

Hope we can find a permanent solution with this KB installed, for now I leave this one off my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also do not KB4089848, but do have KB4099989. This is so incredibly annoying. Please fix this asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I`m using the surface book and have the very same problem after the latest windows update. I dont have KB4089848 but I'll uninstall all recent updates since the  WinTab fix didnt work for me, nor did it mae it better to install the latest PS update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I was the same, in that I didn't have the KB4089848. I tried to uninstall a flash update that came with the most recent update and that seemed to work. Maybe give that a try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstlled the latest updates and that worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So frustrating to pass out working ona project and wake up being unable to complete it... *sigh*

Anyways, No KB4089848 installed, tried creating the PSUserConfig.txt (Thanks for your post, Dave!), and it.... kinda works... I have to Double-tap-and-hold in order to make a pen stroke. I've been through every setting I can find, haven't been able to find anything that fixes it. Any other suggestions?

Jake

Surface Pro 1, Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surface pro 2017 (i5 edition) here.  Anyone find any hacks for non-wacom users? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The latest windows update (KB4093112)  has caused an issue with the Wacom tablet and Photoshop.

You can either - undo the update

or

Do the following (recommended) :

1. Use notepad to create a text file and type in :

UseSystemStylus 0

2. Save the file as PSUserConfig.txt in the following location
C: > Users > Username > AppData > Roaming > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings

3. Go to the  tablet properties and uncheck "Use Windows Ink"

4. Restart Photoshop

That is it - all should now work well (you need to do all the above steps to retain pen pressure)

Note : There is a third option. Microsoft made this change intentionally and they have issued a way round it with registry change (see link below). However for  Photoshop the PSUserConfig method works.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windowsink/comments/8508fi/controlling_pen_behavior_in_windows_10 /

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave,

it worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing this. It works perfectly. I'm one of those who thought that my Intuos wasn't working right.

Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surface users! There seems to be an easy fix for us on the Microsoft forums.

Unexpected panning or scrolling in some apps with pen after applying - Microsoft Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm dealing with a Surface Pro 4 and I have the same issue. I tried the PSUserConfig.txt file, but it didn't affect anything so I assume that that is a Wacom specific fix. Please help, I need this project done by this next Friday!

Many thanks,

A stressed art student trying to survive finals

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the surface pro try this (before doing so remove the PSUserConfig.txt file) . Microsoft made this change intentionally and they have issued a way round it with registry change (see link below).

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4093112/windows-10-update-kb4093112

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you have problems with your pen (my pen drags my workingfield to all directions when i use the brush or pencil) go to setup wacom tablet and go to calibrate (your pensil) and deselect Windows-inkt (left under) it could be that after the next update it wil be selected again, so deselect again if you have some troubles again. good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ca48923524  Your advice is incomplete. It will resolve the moving canvas issue but will disable Pen Pressure. If you disable Windows Ink then you must also add the PSUserConfif.txt file, as posted above, to restore pen pressure and pen tilt.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A huge Thank You Dave,

this was literally driving me nuts today. Worked perfectly for CC2018!

Means I can finish the job I was meant to do today...

Cheers

Jonas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my situation, I did NOT have the KB4089848 update installed, and Dave's suggested PSUserConfig.txt didn't work for me. If this is the case for you, here is a fix I spotted on Twitter this morning, posted by @LazyNezumiPro, that DID work for me:

There's another way to fix all of this without disabling Windows Ink, a simple registry fix. Open a cmd prompt and type: reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pen /v LegacyPenInteractionModel /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

I hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution given by cassieg28962861​totally worked! Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines