• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop brush stroke moving canvas?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, whenever I try to make a brush stroke in Photoshop CC 2018, it moves my canvas as though I'm using the hand tool rather than actually putting down a brush stroke. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling my Intuos3 tablet drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop with all of my preferences removed, I've tried resetting my tools to see if that would have any effect and have had absolutely ZERO luck.

I did a test run with Krita to make sure it wasn't a tablet issue and my brush strokes worked 100% fine in that program, so I think this is a Photoshop specific problem. If anyone has any pointers, please, please, please, help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as this is an issue that only recently came up and I haven't the slightest idea why it might be happening.

Cheers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Hi

No need for any of this now. Microsoft have now issued an update to fix the issue that they caused . See link in this page from Adobe:  Cannot paint with stylus when zoomed in on image | Windows 10

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 117 Replies 117
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there jjrachal​,

I had this happen to me a few months ago. It ended up just needing new batteries! How long have you had your surface? If it is more than a year, or you use it frequently, this may be the case. The pen requires AAAA batteries, so might have to order them off of Amazon or go shopping at a local tech shop. Make sure to research how to open the battery case, as if it is done the wrong way you could permanently damage the connection to the eraser. I did this, and I ended up having to drive three hours to the closest Microsoft store to get a replacement (which they did for free!).

Let me know how this works out!

- Chloe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Chloe!!! I will check that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lame. I had the same problem on a Surface Studio and I'd tried uninstalling PS and reinstalling, disabling and enabling the pen drive, and working in PS CC 2017.

The only thing that worked was uninstalling the latest windows update, but it warned me that I will be forced to update my computer on May 20.

Please Adobe, please find a fix to the bug, it's impossible to get any work done with the canvass issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

laurag1874331  wrote

Please Adobe, please find a fix to the bug, it's impossible to get any work done with the canvass issue.

Hi

Adobe did not cause the issue it was caused by Microsoft

More info

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windowsink/comments/8508fi/controlling_pen_behavior_in_windows_10 /

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the PSUserConfig.txt fixed the panning issue for me, but now I have wavy lines in Photoshop...any ideas on how to fix this??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing even more bizarre issues using my Wacom Intuos4 with Photoshop CC 19.1.3

• The zoom tool stopped working
  • The paintbrush erases a 50% gray, softlight layer when painting with black
  • The healing brush appears to do nothing

None of these problems occur if I use my mouse instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new Surface Book 2. Since it is 2 days old I don't have those updates in my history for some reason. I installed the WinTab drivers, put the PSUserConfig.txt in place and turned off Win Ink - the scroll was fixed but lost my pressure sensitivity. I found this and ran it as MS says to and once i restarted Photoshop I was all fixed - pressure sensitivity works and the canvas move bug is not happening.

This is what worked for me:

Unexpected panning or scrolling in some apps with pen after applying - Microsoft Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the problem is only accuring while using your pen, this might solve the issue!

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4093112/windows-10-update-kb4093112

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved the scrolling problem, but I still have the following problems try to use my Wacom

• The zoom tool stopped working
  • The paintbrush erases a 50% gray, softlight layer when painting with black
  • The healing brush appears to do nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm​ Thank you so so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

solution.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm facing this problem too and I'm having a lot of trouble trying to fix it. I use a Huion H610PRO and Photoshop 2018. I don't have the Windows update that everyone is talking about. I'm trying to do what Dave is suggesting, but I can't seem to find my AppData to put the text file in. I'm very confused and getting stressed over this. I'm not very tech-smart, so could someone please help explain the solutions to me? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't seem to fix the issue, sadly.

EDIT: Hmm, ok. I tried out Dave's tutorial again, and this time I was able to find the files I needed! I don't know why I couldn't find them before. I must have named the notepad file incorrectly. I rebooted my monitor and everything seems to be working just fine, so yay! Thanks, Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this great article and the fix has worked very well. 

https://digitalmediaphile.com/index.php/2018/04/11/fix-for-pen-dragging-canvas-in-photoshop-2018-cc-...

creating the file she suggests using note pad and then adding it to the registry seems to fix the issue in photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is march 17, 2020 and I still have the issue with the brushes dragging the canvas, I´ve trued all the solutions but none works. The Windows fix cannot be installed in my computer, I dont know why. I cant find the update to remove it, either worked the notepad solution.

What can I do? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

October 15th 2020 I have the same problems for month now too, nothing seem to work I try. (iMac) 
Does anyone have a solution yet? 

Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines