• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop brushes randomly lagging with Cintiq and Mac

Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently my brushes and erasers have started lagging on photoshop. It'ss not constant though, it seems to start every 10-15 mins and last about 5 mins. whilst its lagging It's pretty much unusable.  It does this with all brushes inluding the most basic one with no settings turned on.  whenever it is lagging the stroke in the brushes palette changes to an image of a brush (I've attached a screenshot). I've never noticed that before. 

I have a 2023 M2 Macbook Pro, photoshop 25.9.0 and latest cintiq driver

does anyone know how to fix it?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for getting back to me, I missed that you had replied sorry. After about a week it seemed to fix itself, but since then I''ve had to restart the wacom driver everytime the laptop goes to sleep to get the display toggle to work. That is a Wacom issue rather than an adobe issue although I feel like they are connected as one started the same day the other stopped!   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines