• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop can't create new canvas [Black Screen]

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this problem posted in several places, but I've spent a while trying to work through most of the other solutions with no luck.

When I first open up Photoshop, this is what I get:

prob3.jpg

And when I hit ctrl-n or go to file-new I get this:

prob4.jpg

I can open my old projects, but  again:

Problem.jpg

Recently I've been using my old files and just resizing and resaving the canvas to what I need, but this has been a huge issue.

I've tried disabling GPU in performance settings, Uninstalling/reinstalling Visual c++ 2015 and 2017, and Uninstalling/reinstalling Photoshop. I've also tried rolling back my graphics drivers, but the option was greyed out, then I tried updating them and I found that I'm having the same issue with Geforce Experience:

problem 2.jpg

I'm running a Windows 10 64bit Acer Predator g9-591 with a Geforce GTX 980M and an Intel i7 6700HQ. Version 1.11 Acer BIOS.

Pease help ._.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That laptop has an integrated GPU which could be causing conflicts, take a look here

Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck there. I tried disabling my intel graphics card, disabling the GPU in settings, changing the drawing mode to basic, and switching Photoshop to use high performance processing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"then I tried updating them and I found that I'm having the same issue with Geforce Experience"

It's most likely an issue with the GPU driver, try downloading the latest driver from Nvidia and during the installation you have the option to do a Custom install, then select "Perform a clean installation"

nvidia-custom-component-installation.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Done, still no luck. Same black screens all around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines