• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop can't display the color red (only orange)

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a new PC with Windows 10. The issue is only in photoshop. I know where red is supposed to be in the color window but it just goes from orange to orange.

To test this I made a red image (which looks orange in photoshop). Looking at it in any other program it is red.

Look at the attached screenshots.

It's not the image mode, since the same PSD looks correct on many other computers. And the weirdest part is: in the "recent image" thumbnails in the "home" screen, the colors are correct. But when I click to open the file it's bright orange.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

That's a defective manufacturer monitor profile, most likely distributed through Windows Update.

If you don't have a calibrator to make a new profile, use sRGB IEC61966-2.1 as a temporary measure for now. It won't be entirely accurate, but better than a broken profile. Relaunch Photoshop when done, it needs to load the profile at startup:

Displayprofile_20_3.png

Applications that don't support color management don't use the monitor profile at all, and so are unaffected by a bad profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a defective manufacturer monitor profile, most likely distributed through Windows Update.

If you don't have a calibrator to make a new profile, use sRGB IEC61966-2.1 as a temporary measure for now. It won't be entirely accurate, but better than a broken profile. Relaunch Photoshop when done, it needs to load the profile at startup:

Displayprofile_20_3.png

Applications that don't support color management don't use the monitor profile at all, and so are unaffected by a bad profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, that helps. I've never had to calibrate before, but these are DVI monitors that have hdmi cable converters to plug into the new computer. Any suggestions on how to start calibrating in this situation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines