• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop: Cannot Pan/Scroll with WACOM pen in Open/Save/Place file dialogue windows.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot Pan/Scroll with Wacom pen in Open/Save/Place type file dialogue windows in mmany if not all of Adobe apps (where every other non-Adobe app I know of does, Apple and other 3rd parties), obviously this pertains to when you've mapped a Wacom pen button to pan/scroll to use in that manner (Wacom settings screen attached).

What should happen is being able to interact similar to touch omnidirectional swiping which includes vertical mouse-like scrolling when pressing the button and making contact with the pen, as would be expected and Wacom designed it to do.

What instead happens: Adobe apps interpret this as a Quick Look request on click of whatever file is targeted by cursor at the time. This defers from every system norm elsewhere on macOS, 1st and 3rd party. Never witnessed this in a non-Adobe app. Adobe apps are essentially ignoring the pan/scroll input from Wacom pens, but strangely only in those types of windows, which are standard and common macOS type views otherwise and not unique to Adobe, so the behavior expected is pretty well established.

Note: This is not unique to Photoshop. This is an Adobe Suite - wide issue. Illustrator, InDesign reflect same unexpected behavior, and I would assume others if it's a shared thing across the CC suite of apps. That said, in all other app interactivity other than in these window types, the pan/scroll input is respected and behavior is consistent with expectation.

...This issue has plagued Adobe products for a long time and is not newly occurring.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

I fixed it!  I'm using Apple OS Catalina 10.15.7.  Open the Wacom tablet Preferences window.  There is a small window at the top with different application icons, click on Photoshop.  In the Pen menu, on the lower button select Navigation, then click Scroll.  It works!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing on this, in 3 months? C'mon, this has given me trouble for years...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After searching for the solution on this fro so long it is quite disheartening that all i can find on the topic is a 2 year old thread that was never answered. This has been bugging me for so long, and I can't believe it still hasnt been addressed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uncheck "use windows ink" into tablet mapping settings...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is a MAC problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any official update on this? it's very annoying that I have to drop the pen and use mouse wheel to scroll layers/brushes panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, on macOS Cataéina 10.15.5 and PS 21.2.0 use PAN (in french Wacom driver is Déffilement) And no problème to scroll in dialogue boxes Finder and PS Menus !

Wacom Driver : 6.3.40-2

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Mojave 10.14.6 and PS 21.2 and the problem is still present.  
Unfortunately, upgrading to Catalina is not an option, because it destroys my iMac (I recently  "downgraded" to Mojave because the iMac wouldn't shut down anymore.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed it!  I'm using Apple OS Catalina 10.15.7.  Open the Wacom tablet Preferences window.  There is a small window at the top with different application icons, click on Photoshop.  In the Pen menu, on the lower button select Navigation, then click Scroll.  It works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that's fine.  but only problem is that we loose the pan functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines