• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2015 copy guides to another artboard (or sync them)

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2015 Dec 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure this is not possible for now in PS CC 2015 1.1 but I'm sure this would be a killer feature.

When working with artboards the guides are changing overtime (added, deleted, moved) and usually other artboards should have the same guide layout changes. So is there any way to update their layout from a source (original) artboard and keep them in sync? If not, Adobe must implement it or offer a better way.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 03, 2016 Jan 03, 2016

Good idea. Thanks for submitting it.

A suggestion for an awkward workaround:

1. Duplicate Artboard A. You should get Artboard A Copy. And this should keep the guides.

2. Delete the layers contained in Artboard A Copy.

3. Move the layers from Artboard B into Artboard A Copy.

4. Delete Artboard B

5. Rename Artboard A Copy to Artboard B.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 26, 2015 Dec 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi alvipeo

You can fill in the Adobe Feature request form

Regards

Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2015 Dec 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Done that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2016 Jan 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea. Thanks for submitting it.

A suggestion for an awkward workaround:

1. Duplicate Artboard A. You should get Artboard A Copy. And this should keep the guides.

2. Delete the layers contained in Artboard A Copy.

3. Move the layers from Artboard B into Artboard A Copy.

4. Delete Artboard B

5. Rename Artboard A Copy to Artboard B.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you duplicate an art board it doesn't duplicate the guides with it. That's the whole issue here, I'm not sure why your answer was marked correct.

I could duplicate the art board and move it below the first artboard instead of to the left, but if I had a lot of art boards that wouldn't work for long. Please add this basic feature to Photoshop, if I'm able to do it in Illustrator I should be able to do it in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two types of guides in Photoshop CC 2017:

1. Canvas(or global) guides — they are independent and they will not be duplicated with the artboard. As default they have cyan colour;
  2. Artboard guides — they will be duplicated with the artboard. As default they have Blue colour;

Maybe in your case you are using global guides and that’s why they are not duplicate with the artboard. You can find some preferences for guides at «Preferences» —> «Guides, Grid & Slices…»

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is soooo stupid Adobe I have the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Structure your artboards vertically. Duplicate your existing artboard. Use Move tool (V) to adjust your new artboard with the guides. Additional tip : If you work too often with the same grid/guides (as in Web design), create an action which actually generates the guides for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work when duplicating to new document

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select your artboards in the layers panel, then drag your guide from the rulers as usual.

Hoping this is useful for people searching for this still, this is the first result page on google. Don't know if it works in 2015 though, I run 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2019 Aug 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I create a template with the guides.  Then I import image(s) to that template, and save as new document so I always have my template.  However, I agree that it would be brilliant to be able to just copy them or have several presets to call up, into a document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines