• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2015 is so slow it is unusable on my system

Contributor ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what is wrong here but this version of PS its horribly slow.

Here is a video i just captured about this issue:

http://cl.ly/2W0P381A1G1y/60fps-PSCC2015-slow.mp4

There is not difference with GPU enabled, there is no difference if I have or not rules enabled. I never experienced something like with with CC 2014.

MacPro with 12 cores and 64GB RAM

Its there something I could do to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

We have a suggestion we'd like affected people to try out.

If you have slow menus or laggy commands, can you try turning OFF font preview (Type>Font Preview Size = None)?

(If it was already off, and you still have slow menus or laggy commands, we'd like to know that as well.)

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 378 Replies 378
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same Problem here. Starting Photoshop and the complete interface is freezed. 10 secon wait. Everything works. And the crazy thing: A Wacom bug where you cant make tiny changes in the curves or in sliders is bag! I beginn to hate PSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think i figure what is the problem behind these bug. Lets assume we all using descent hardware for now with wacom connected to it.

For user who is using wacom right now, uncheck Windows link under Mapping of wacom properties and you will all experience faster photoshop. Well, this is not a fixed because we all know that we do need windows link check for most of the time.

But we could atleast ask Adobe and Wacom to both work for this bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2016 Feb 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very disappointed Adobe hasn't addressed this latency problem which many of us are experiencing.  Can't someone at Adobe provide some kind of explanation?   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't have an explanation. We are still watching this thread. We are still looking for clues. We can't reproduce the bug (or bugs). We're still looking for someone near the San Jose area who can reproduce the problems with menu and command lagging with the latest version, and is who willing to host a visit from us. The goal is to build a reproducible case that we can debug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my Nvidia Driver to v 2.9.1.22 (Do it monthly...) -

Photoshop UI/Dialogues still very slow

restarted system

Photoshop performed realtime - for 2 days and with multiple apps open

Didn't use Photoshop for 3 days

Started Photoshop up again

Just as slow as previous

I have other apps open and do not want to restart right now (For more than 21 years since win95 I have always had multiple apps open so do not ask me to close anything...) - will restart later

--- update - did not restart windows

Restarted photoshop again (5 minutes later after previous test)

-- ui is fast again

-- closed photshop

-- slow again

-- start again

-- still slow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have slow menus or laggy commands, can you try turning OFF font preview (Type>Font Preview Size = None)?

(If it was already off, and you still have slow menus or laggy commands, we'd like to know that as well.)

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Miracle. No more lags after startup after turning this option off (was medium before), But will it be fixed? Font preview is rather helpful.

Anyway - thanks for suggesting this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great news. Thanks for trying it!

It substantially reduces the focus for where to look for the problem. And yes, we'd absolutely like to fix it. Performance investigations and profiling in that area of the code is our next step.

(Note that this probably will not fix all the problems reported in this thread, just for some folks. We suspect there are multiple problems that have been reported.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Chris.  A quick check on my part shows a substantial improvement.  I don't have time until the weekend to really put it to a full test but I'm a very happy camper so far.  Thanks for looking into this on behalf of all of us Photoshop users!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2016 Mar 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to use InDesign CC without trouble until the latest update.  Now it takes minutes to load and locks up and is unusable, so I can't even apply the font fix you suggest.  I can still use InDesign 6 and it runs without trouble.  Has this got anything to do with the fact that I'm running over a fairly slow satellite connection or is there another source for the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ChristopherButler wrote:

Thanks.

I do not have this option in my Windows 7 version of Photoshop CC 2015.

I have the following in the Type Menu:

Use Smart Quotes

Enable missing Glyph Protection

Show Font Names in English

Use ESC key to Commit Text

Number of recent Fonts to dispay

As stated in a previous post, Photoshop CC 2015 is too slow to be usable. I find it surprising that Adobe cannot reproduce this problem given the large number of people who have this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a Windows 7 machine handy, but I think you're looking in the wrong place. It's not in preferences; it should be but it is not.

Look at the top level Type menu (between Layer and Select)

Choose the "Font Preview Size" flyout menu. Choose None.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Christopher...

Thank you for the clarification. I set the "font Preview Size" to none and the problem has indeed gone away. I tested it by going back to the medium (default) setting and back to none as well as rebooted the computer in each state. This setting does make the problem come and go. Finally, some progress. This has been one of the most frustrating problems I've had.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the latest Photoshop CC update and howwwleee cow it''s slowed down my work process! It lags so bad like there's no tomorrow. Even after doing this

Look at the top level Type menu (between Layer and Select)

Choose the "Font Preview Size" flyout menu. Choose None."=

..made no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2016 Feb 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No use, still laggy, specially when pressure sensitivity is turn on. Pen and tab are useless on Adobe CC now adays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you might want to look in other threads for tablet and pen issues. Or perhaps start a new thread. This thread, as large as it is, and with with as many different confusing bits of input and problem reports, is much less likely to offer a solution for your particular issue. Be sure and share your exact system configuration, PS version, OS, and perhaps even your system report. All will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2016 Feb 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but actually I started a thread 2-3 weeks ago and one of the staff answer me with questions, then after I provide him/her info he/she's gone/disappear maybe because of lack of answer or suggestion.

Photoshop Slow when Windows link is on

I strongly believe recoding PS is the best solution. Anyway it was just me, but I'm still hoping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this fixed the initial lag after launching Photoshop, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I agree, the software is more stable now, much more stable, it still feels laggy, but its not big deal, sure its much better with that function turned off, so it's a nice work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe its not a big deal for some user. But it is a big issue for me and maybe for other editors who use advance stuff, since i do use pen and tablet and lot of graphics power for 3d editing it makes the software useless. I believe simple software update is not enough, they should rewrite the code instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 07, 2016 Feb 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no change in my UI speed with font-size preview off - I did this (Type>Font Preview Size = None) - but my Photoshop UI is still so slow that it is unusable because I cannot productively use it.

I had instances where the UI became faster after random shut-downs, restarts, updates, but when I close Photoshop and open again it is slow again.

When I have now file open and only have Photoshop open with the Welcome/RecentFiles menu Startup-screen the interface is quick and responsive. Hovering over menus causes the drop-downs to fly-out immediately and menu entries and buttons also highlight as expected. When I open a file it completely changes. The UI becomes excruciating laggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. (Type>Font Preview Size = None) I was having lag issues with the patch tool, clone stamp, and redraw. This fixed it immediately. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2016 Mar 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I responded earlier with a fix that worked for me, but I see people are still having issues. I tried the fix you suggested: turning off font preview. That did nothing. The lag started for me immediately after an update, so I started looking at settings and preferences. I found that the caching preferences had (apparently) been reset, so I changed them:

Preferenes > Performance > Cache Levels = 4

Preferences > Scratch Disks = [select the disk where your images are stores] -- no disk was selected when I first looked, which meant PS was "searching"/spinning constantly, I presume

Once I changed these settings and restarted PS, it was lightning fast again.

Another suggestion I would offer is to ensure that future updates don't revert settings for users. I'm certain this is what happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2016 Mar 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also changing your cache size to 1024 K is important

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2016 Mar 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for weeks, every time i would commit changes to text PhotoShop would lag, this solution totally fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines