• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2015 is so slow it is unusable on my system

Contributor ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what is wrong here but this version of PS its horribly slow.

Here is a video i just captured about this issue:

http://cl.ly/2W0P381A1G1y/60fps-PSCC2015-slow.mp4

There is not difference with GPU enabled, there is no difference if I have or not rules enabled. I never experienced something like with with CC 2014.

MacPro with 12 cores and 64GB RAM

Its there something I could do to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

We have a suggestion we'd like affected people to try out.

If you have slow menus or laggy commands, can you try turning OFF font preview (Type>Font Preview Size = None)?

(If it was already off, and you still have slow menus or laggy commands, we'd like to know that as well.)

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 378 Replies 378
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2015 Aug 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came here because I was having the same problem of a sluggish Photoshop on my PC. No problem on my Mac but that may be because the Mac hadn't been updated. Just saw an update, though, for PS on the PC, installed it and, after a reboot, the problem seems to be fixed. Try the new update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2015 Aug 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also been having sluggish/slow issues with photoshop for a while now.

I'm not a heavy user of Photoshop, so the slowness is perplexing.

Some common things that I've experienced sluggishness in are:

Starting to draw, and drawing a simple clipping path.

Zooming and panning

Using adjustment levels

Cloning

It's worth noting that the files I've been working aren't all that large. 5-10MB would be an average for me at the moment.
Restarting sometimes seems to help, othertimes it doesn't, and the sluggishness isn't consistent.

I also notice sluggishness from time to time in InDesign and Illustrator, but the files I'm working on in those programs are more complex and the sluggishness isn't nearly as common.

Turning off my Wi-Fi to see if that helps isn't really an option as I rely on it for the internet. It's also hard to tell if it helps as the sluggishness I'm experiencing isn't all the time.
Have tried reducing my history to 20, device preview and generator were not enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue with my 2011 iMac 27" Radeon 6970M running 10.10.4. Just updated my creative cloud apps to the latest patch and photoshop runs so badly that it keeps lagging every few seconds. The interface has become so unresponsive that I felt stupid for paying for 2 seats of creative cloud since a month ago.

I do have another 2012 Macbook pro GTX 650M running photoshop CS4 and it runs like a dream compared to my iMac.

Adobe, I know OSX Yosemite introduced some new issues to Adobe softwares but I do believe there must be something that can be done by Adobe to stop issues like this from happening.  Stop blaming Apple for the issues as previous versions of photoshop and etc works fine in Yosemite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC 2015 was running fine until I updated to OS 10.10.5 from 10.10.4. Now I get hesitation and lag every few seconds making the program unusable. All other CC applications run fine. I run a corporate license version, so I uninstalled that and downloaded and enabled a new install using my personal CC login - same problem. So I re-installed Photoshop CC 2014 and it runs fine.

MB Pro (Retina, 15-inch, late 2013)

2.6 GHz i7

16 GB RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has been a long discussion in the InDesign forum about slowness since the recent update. It turned out to be the CCLibrary not loading, and quitting that process fixed the issue. It could be the same for other CC apps that are using that library.

Try the steps given here:

Creative Cloud Libraries panel doesn't load in desktop products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2015 Aug 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have followed your steps in quiting CCLibrary and relaunch photoshop cc 2015 again. To my surprise it works perfectly. However, it reverted back to the slow state after I have restarted the system. But still I can always end CCLibrary and relaunch it to gain speed I have expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2015 Sep 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, killing the CCLibrary.exe process solved the problem with slow PS for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 09, 2015 Sep 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did u find a way to do it permanently? i dont use the libraries anyway... how do you kill the CCLibrary.exe process on Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It' semi permanent solution for me, each restart.

check Creative Cloud Libraries panel doesn't load in desktop products (thanks Colin Holgate).

I have also disabled the font preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2015 Aug 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it has something to do with Artboards - I switched off use graphic processor, and it stopped lagging especially using transform - there was this lag until you could resize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling "Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor" also fixed this for me.

FWIW, had no issues with Photoshop when I was running a single GTX 770. Recently installed a second GTX 770 running in SLI, and that brought on the super lag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 28, 2015 Aug 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine works well on Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 04, 2015 Sep 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Photoshop CC2015 taking FOREVER to be able to start working in.

Windows 10. Extensis Suitcase Fusion 6 also installed. Thinking of reverting back to CC 2014 since there doesnt seem to be much acknowledgement from Adobe about this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2015 Sep 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A follow-up to my post regarding the slowdown: closing the Photoshop Libraries palette and restarting Photoshop fixed this for me. I can get the slow behavior to return by opening the Libraries palette.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2015 Sep 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had same hang/lags on PS CC 2015.

Closing the Photoshop Libraries palette then restarting Photoshop fixed it.

Thank you sullydesignco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2015 Sep 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a far inferior computer than yours, a late 2012 Mac Mini, and had the same issues of spinning wheels and wacky slowness even with dialog boxes, no documents open at all, etc.

I recommend you to download and install 2014 version from Creative Cloud, just to check how surprising could be.

I have just installed CC 2014, and it's SUPERSONIC compared with... almost every program. With big brushes loaded of parameters, dialog boxes, layers, big documents... as far as I've checked.

No need of tedious try-and-test perfomance options, Cache Levels, Processor, RAM, etc.: first start up, and no lag at all. It seems running on a faster machine, no joke.

Had to open CC 2015 just to revive hell and export my usual brush presets to CC 2014... and the differences between versions are beyond insulting. Adobe, WTF..?

Repeat: If CC 2015 becomes unusable, best solution by far (for me) is to reinstall good "old" CC 2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've concluded that my computer needs more VRAM and RAM in order to not be sluggish, not crash, work with multiple files and programs open. When I had one file open with Photoshop it took up 4.5GB of memory but I needed to use Illustrator at the same time it didn't work. I currently have the minimum of VRAM and 8GB of RAM. Unfortunately you can not update the graphics card on this Mac. I did turn off the GPU and that might help things. Otherwise I'm going to downgrade to an older version of CC and towards buying a new computer, someday! I kind of need to be going back and forth with programs. I tried closing the CCLibrary, looked at fonts, removed and reinstalled programs, bla bla bla and nothing has really worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trashing Chrome did it immediately for me. I only had it on my Mac as a route onto a photo printer upload site; so no great loss. How or why this works I can't say; but Ps CC2015 now as fast as I remember CC2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reading all these posts is making me wonder what we are all paying our Licenses for ?.

I purchased the Lightroom+Photoshop package (v 2014) after testing it on my PC, it seemed to work fine and I have a Pretty Low spec Machine.

I mainly use Lightroom, but every now and then I need to use Photoshop for some basic stuff, today I tried to load some files as Layers, and it just hung on me...so being a good user I thought I should check for Adobe Upgrades (as windows has been upgrading itself regularly as usual)...so I installed 2015...

Things have not improved, and reading all that has been written here I doubt they will.

What really bugs me is that i moved from Linux+Shotwell+Gimp to Windows (which I dislike with a passion), just to be able to use this highly acclaimed and feature rich Lightroom + Photopshop, its costing me 12 Euros a month , and it is only half functional (Thankfully Lightroom still works)

I feel very much for those Proffesionals out there who rely on this software to do their Jobs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this !!

1) Open your Creative Cloud ...
2) Go to Settings (upper right corner)
3) Click Creative Cloud. -> Then in files ...
4) Deactivate sync "Creative Cloud" ... (can always activate it later)
5) finally click in Fonts, and deactivate "Typekit."

It worked perfect for me ...

Hope it's works for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Change I am afraid 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2015 Oct 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this !!

1) Open your Creative Cloud ...
2) Go to Settings (upper right corner)
3) Click Creative Cloud. -> Then in files ...
4) Deactivate sync "Creative Cloud" ... (can always activate it later)
5) finally click in Fonts, and deactivate "Typekit."

It worked perfect for me ...

Thanks

It worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 02, 2015 Oct 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deactivating Fontkit oder disable internet before starting PS doesn't help me.

After a few minutes everything went back to a slow crawling agonizing mess.

I get like 2-3 seconds delays for simple tasks like deleting an object or moving a layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe

I wanna start by thanking you about the HUUUGE improvement in After Effects performance, after many many versions, CC 2015 is the fastest, smoothest and quickest to preview and render to date.

Having said that however, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign on the other hand, have become incredibly, unbelievably, painfully and ridiculously slow!!!!

I can't believe I can't even design the simplest thing, I mean it's nothing complicated, Just a "Hello" text box freezes my entire system, I've never had any problems with the previous versions, Please fix, ASAP, we designers already face with a big deal of pressure and fast deadlines to begin with.

PLEASE FIX!!! We are paying for a service monthly and we deserve to be satisfied!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2015 Sep 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got a brand new PC at work to run Photoshop CC 2015, with 16Gb RAM, SSD etc and...it's just as slow and unusable if a PSD has many layers. I'm going to revert back to CC 2014 (which might be the version which hung if generator was enabled and a PSD had many layers!).

I think Adobe need to take a look at CC 2015 and work out why it goes slow on certain machines and if adding new features is causing a bigger detriment to work flow. New features are meant to help you do things quicker, not slow you down

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines