• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2015 no longer allowed to operate despite current subscription

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to open my photoshop version 2015.5, earlier today, to receive a message saying it was a trial version and it had expired.  I then logged in and received another message saying that I had no current subscription for this product. I then contacted support, who informed me that - because Adobe no longer support PS 2015 - they would therefore physically prevent it from running on my machine.  This despite the fact I was still paying my monthly subscription.  I was told that I would need to upgrade my operating system (and so upgrade my MacBook Pro) in order to be allowed to use it. To be honest I found this quite shocking.  Not something I am contemplating simply for one piece of software. The PS 2015 still shows in my creative cloud app, but I cannot open it.

Is this really true? Does Adobe really block PS 2015 from operating simply because they have decided to no longer support it?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What model MacBook Pro and version of macOS have you got Colin?

-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Macbook Pro early 2015. Sierra 10.12.6.  PS 2015 works fine with it. It would seem - according to Adobe support - that Abode have cancelled the license for this version of PS CC, but without telling me or stopping taking payments unfortunately.  Unless anyone knows different?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Adobe are doing with unsupported versions I don't know but if they've told you that, I can't think there's any reason not to believe it.

But as a solution, have you looked in/on Apple/the App store to see if you can access a newer OS still (don't think your machine will support Ventura but it should Monterey or Big Sur); I'm not sure of the current state of their policy for taking down certain older OS but worth a try – I run Big Sur with the latest version of Photoshop on my 2013 Mac Book Pro. Might be the best solution?

This link might work for Big Sur: https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/macos-big-sur/id1526878132?mt=12

-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines