• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2017 Stuck on Loading Screen- Reading Preferences

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to the forums first when this happened, and tried everything I saw mentioned, IE clearing plugins (I had none so,) reset the computer several times, tried moving the ps cc folder to the desktop and loading from there, everything still stuck. I thought it might be a font I downloaded so I deleted that, no luck. Plugged in my g13 which i use as a shortcut box for PS, nope. Right now. I'm reinstalling from the cc app loader thing. I have no idea wat it might be at this point, because I don't see where the corrupted file may be.

I recently got a new gpu, and maybe it is that? I have no idea. Haven't seen much on that causing pref corruptions

iI'm on a computer from 2015 that runs Windows 10,

this is the gpu I got http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows%2010%20-%2064

i7 processor and i have a 2 tb hard drive and 11.2 gb of ram still available. not sure if any of that info helps, but i see stuff like that asked often so i thought might as well post it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Hi

If your preference files have become unreadable , you could try this :

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. If you tiome it right you will see a dialogue to delete the current settings. New preferences files are created when you start Photoshop.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If your preference files have become unreadable , you could try this :

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. If you tiome it right you will see a dialogue to delete the current settings. New preferences files are created when you start Photoshop.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If your photoshop welcome screen is stuck and you can't see new files or images opened:

Disable your graphics card link to photoshop - it is no longer supported:

Settings -> performance - checkbox disable "use graphics processor"
Camera-raw -> Performance -> Use Graphics Processor "OFF"

Then update your graphics card drivers as they are released, and after every upgrade, try to switch these settings on again - if it doesn't work, switch them off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines