• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2017 Unusable slow

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded my Photoshop to CC 2017 today and since the upgrade it has been very very slow. When I click on File menu the dropdown menu appears like after 3-4 seconds. When I delete layer it take about 10 second. Zoom in and out are terribly slow. I work on Photoshop everyday hope to get the problem resolve as soon as possible.

Is there a way to downgrade to earlier version?

My computer details:

Windows 10 Pro

Processor: Intel i7-5960X

RAM: 32 GB

Graphic: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti

SSD

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 403 Replies 403
Participant ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Examples:

[OTF] myriad pro / neturaface / din pro / trajan pro - working fast

[TTF] arial / tahoma / times new roman - veeery slow

But... Type Tool options like font search on the list is slow no matter which font I use. Maybe corrupted TypeKit is the answer? 2015 was fine, 2017/2017.0.1 not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran the update this morning and, thus far, Photoshop is running much faster. I have not enabled font preview as yet though so I don't know if it is still an issue. When I had disabled font preview, it seemed to alleviate my issues as far as the spinning wheel of death when doing simple tasks (ie. scrolling) although Photoshop CC2017 was still running slow as far as opening, closing, saving, etc... Much improved after the update. Thanks! Sorry I can't offer more technical input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with type tool. Some font are working normal for example: Adobe Caslon. When I use some other fonts like Futura from TypeKit or Museo Sans and most fonts from TypeKit or default, making the type tool unusable. Like choking the photoshop. Its hard to select some phrases, change formatting and other stuff. After choose some options, every changes take about couple of seconds, sometimes wheel is spinning...

I'm working on Mac Pro Tower 2012. 6 cores 3,33ghz, 48GB RAM, ATI Radeon 5770. SSD drive for system, for scratch disk and other ssd for storage. OS X Yosemite.

Of course before CC 2017 everything was working fine.

I have made such as things as:

1. Disable Font Preview - Nothing change
2. Reset tools - Nothing change
3. Check Book fonts and erase fonts with warnings - Nothing change
4. Reset Photoshop settings - Nothing change
5. Disable GPU - Nothing change
6. Clear cache - nothing change

Video Recorded:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using a computer with an Nvidia card and in addition Intel graphics on a chip be sure to set the NVIDiA performance card as the one for Photoshop to uses.

In Windows go to Control Panel and open the NVIDIA control panel

Under 3d settings make sure Photoshop 2017 is selected if it is not there add it.1.png

2.png

Make sure all the settings use the NVidia GPU. In the case of this old machine I took these captures from there is only one GPU, but yours may be different. You can also often turn of the Intel Graphics off through the Bios.

3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines