• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2018 crashes on launch

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had to go back to Photoshop CC 2017 (and re-load all my plugins again!) since I cannot get Photoshop CC 2018 to even load.  It immediately crashes. I have tried an uninstall and re-install (that did not help). I have also cleared all the usuall culprit PSP files in settings  - to no avail. I can't believe I am the only one having this problem.  btw - my machine is running a i7 chip with 32G of memory and a GTX 1080Ti graphics card.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Have you tried the old solution to rename Photoshop.exe to OldPhotoshop.exe? It worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  When I start my laptop (Win10 64bit, 16GB RAM, i7, 2GB graphics card) it fails to load and displays a crash form.  And it doesn't load.  It acts like it's starting but never succeeds.

BUT, Here's how I fixed it (well maybe worked around the problem is more accurate).

I also have a Kensington DisplayLink USB dock that has it has its own 8GB graphics processor where I have 2 additional monitors connected.

When I unplug the DisplayLink, Photoshop starts right up.  I can then plug it back in, and all works well.

I would like to know why this happens and what can be done to fix it so I don't have to work around it, though.

UPDATE: I contacted customer support as another poster mentioned here.  They had me update the drivers on the video card that was installed on my laptop (not my docking station.  There were 2 cards, an Intel and Nvidia.  It didn't work on the Nvidia, but once I updated the Intel it did.  You can find the driver by going to the Device Manager in Windows, selecting Display Adapters, double clicking on the Driver tab at the top of the dialog box, then click the Update Driver.

Thank you adobe support.  After a long 1.5 hour on hold, it was worth the wait to solve this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue for a while now. I just recently contacted Adobe Support and they fixed my issue within 5 min. From what I have gathered while the support member was controlling my computer (Windows 10) they removed the drivers from my printer.

When asked what is the reason that, that would fix it the support rep. told me that it was the drivers from the printer that weren't letting Illustrator launch correctly, causing it to crash.

How to fix my way:

- Get into your devices that connected to the PC

- Locate the Printer

- Remove printer from device

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried contacting Adobe Support but after spending AGES with them they couldn't fix it. I'm a senior IT guy, I just can't let randoms have access to my PC for extended periods all the time.

On this work laptop I have a supported Nvidia GPU.

So. Does anyone have a clear set of instructions that will allow us to fix this issue?

I've not been able to use PS 2018, it crashes on "loading panels". I get an error message that says "The instuction at <hex> referenced memory at <hex>. The Memory could not be written. Click on OK to terminate the program."

I've rolled back to CC 2017 and thats great. One of the new features I love is being able to access my LR photos directly from PS in 2018 (plus the new subject select is cool). I'd like to be able to go back to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Antihippy:

Thank you for your well written comments. I am a retired computer system manager who built and maintained about 50 computers for 20 years using several operating systems over the years.

My problem with PS 2018 is exactly the same as you describe and PS 2017 works fine. I to reverted back to PS 2017 after several attempts to get get PS 2018 to work as it has a couple of new features that I would really would like to use. I purchased a new HP ZBook Labor Day 2017 with Intel's latest Xeon processor and an NVIDIA Quadro P4000 GPU. As you are aware, software developers have a difficult time trying to write programs to work with all sorts of hardware and operating system configurations. However, I find it difficult to accept their silence or their desire to access my system when PS 2017 works just fine.

Yes, give me some instructions and maybe tell me what/why PS 2018 is crashing while loading panels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dom's_Production:

I had high hopes when I began reading your post. However, I have 10 printers listed in "Devices and Printers" and other than a couple of the "printers" installed by the Microsoft Windows 10 Operating System, I use those printers. They cause no problem with PS 2017, so why should they be causing a problem with PS 2018?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I took had no problem with the 2017 version of the app.

But for some reason the drivers were just interfering with my program.

But it could be caused by something else as well since my other Adobe Programs started fine in their latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem here, Photoshop crashes during "Initializing menus" (I'm running three monitors using Windows 7 enterprise). Tried updating both display drivers as recommended in one of the posts, removed printers as recommended in another but I'm still having the same issue. Where are the options in the Adobe Creative Cloud dialog for reverting to Photoshop CC 2017?  The drop down menu next to "Open" in the Photoshop APP only gives me a "View tutorials" or "Uninstall" option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the best way to get a "real Adobe Support person on the phone??  It used to be fairly easy, but no longer!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I have just tried something else recommended in another post which worked. I have a have 3 Dell monitors hooked up to my Dell desktop, 2 are hooked directly into the video card via a splitter cable, the other one via a DisplayPort (not on the video card). All it took was disconnecting this Dell Monitor DisplayPort cable from the PC which of course shifts everything to the two remaining connected monitors. Photoshop then opened without a problem. Once open, I was able to reconnect the third monitor and work in Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in a similar situation, 3 monitors, off 3 video cards,  A Dell Optiplex 9050 (Intel i7 7700) with two ATI R5 430 cards and one Integrated Intel HD 630.  If I disconnect DP cable to the Intel card, Photoshop CC 2018 works, else it crashes on startup.  I have updated Photoshop, drivers, libraries, etc.

Adobe can you please fix this or reply to this forum with an answer other than pulling out a monitor cable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It runs on a Mac Pro, double screen. Ok. I fixed my problem. I discoverd a Calibre folder inside the Photoshop Preset folder. Well, after disinstalling photoshop, do browse "photoshop" in lens serch ( not using "comand + F" ), and do control any document named photoshop (not as estension obviously). How could a Calibre app folder be inside the Photoshop preset folder is a mystery. A web one, I suppose. (From Italy, let be openminded about my english)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All,

We have been experiencing the same issues with brand new Alienware Area 51 computers. We had an IT guy take a look at it today, and it appears, that turning off turbo boost (which jumps the processing power from 3.8 to 4.2 Ghz), fixed the issue entirely. The advice we received form the IT company suggested that this is clearly an issue on the Adobe side. Installing earlier versions of Adobe CC back to 2015 solved the issue, and we are able to keep the turbo boost on.

How to fix:

1-if you have a turbo boosted processor, try turning off the functionality and run Adobe CC products again, and it should work fine on Adobe CC 2018

2-For all other functionality, including intensive 3D modeling or rendering, turn the turbo boost back on. They are even going to make a toggle switch for us to make the process easy while using Adobe CC products.

Bottom line, this latest release of Adobe CC 2018, for some reason, will not work with a turbo boosted Core I7 with 8 cores. If you do not have a turbo boosted processor, then you are likely still in the same boat, without a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to take a look at this thread - BIOS updates have been released for some MBs which resolve the turbo boost issue

Intel 7820x Core CPU (Turbo Boost) and Adobe Photoshop CC BSOD's

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Useful to hear. Finally got around to this today and with turning TurboBoost off it's still the same. I've not tried reinstalling Photoshop yet but I'll give that a go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, FYI, I still haven't got Creative Cloud to work - it still crashes. Once Photoshop is installed, however, it seems to run ok by itself - at the minute, at least. I would strongly suggest downloading both the CC uninstaller and the CC Cleaner from Adobe, if you haven't already. It's the only way to get it all out of the system and start again clean.

I wish we had the old days back, of software on disc or just downloadable without all the fandango of the damn 'Cloud' stuff. It's just more to get broken, IMHO.

This is where I found the direct links. by the way, but I think they're also listed somewhere in the Adobe catacombs as well.

Best of luck!

**UPDATE** 09/03/18  - Well, PS is back to its old tricks but with a twist. It's fine except when I try to introduce an image from outside the program. I've copy/pasted and tried opening via the File tab, but no good. Last night I tried, in desperation, disabling the Intel graphics and - hey presto! - awful-looking screen and text etc, but PS behaved beautifully. Rebooted the laptop this morning, thereby re-activating the Intel graphics and same old crashing problem started again.

I ran the HP Update Assistant, but the Intel graphics driver is not needing updating, apparently.

Anyone know a solution to this one please?

It also looks as though the link i posted previously has been removed. The site was - Prodesigntools dot com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed it by unplugged a second monitor connected to a integrated video card.

The PC has a additional video card as a main one. Thus, I connected both monitor on the video card by using an adapter and Photoshop launched. Apparently, it is not possible to use both integrated and added video cards at the same time.

I have installed Adobe Photoshop C.C. Version: 19 x64

PC specs win 7 (Intel i7) / 64-bits / 32 RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution is similar to the one that worked for me. But everyone's systems seem to differ just enough that I did not find anything on this board that worked for my specific case. Instead, I spent time with helpful NVIDIA tech support and learned, as you suggest, that the problem is that Photoshop does not seem to like two graphics applications running simultaneously. My solution turned out to be as simple as turning off the Intel Graphics under Control Panel/Display Settings.

[My System: Windows 10 64 Bit, NVidia GeForce GTX 750, 16 RAM, single monitor)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MacBook Pro running MACOS 10.12.6 and when I updated to PSCC 19.1.2 it would crash as I tried to load it. The MACOS error dump said the program was looking for a file that was not available.  Using Time Machine backup I reloaded the App files and reloaded the PSCC 19.1.1 version and I am back in production.  Out of curiosity, I updated to 19.1.2 again and again it would not load.  So I repeated the above process and I will stick to 19.1.1.  The Adobe support people were of NO help in tracking this problem down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just worked for me, I went into applications and application support and deleted all files and applications/scripts relating to creative cloud, emptied my trash restarted my machine and reinstalled. Worked on the first try.

I dont recommend blanket deletion, but in my case I was reinstalling it anyway so I didn't care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  This is essentially what I wound up doing.  Since then I clicked update on my Creative Cloud and PSCC went t0 19.1.2 and it stopped working again, went back to 19.1.1 and everything works with no other interventions.

Jim

James

[Moderator Note: Personal information removed.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue.  Running Windows 10, 64Bit.  Everything was running OK until 2 months ago.  When I attempt to run Photoshop CC, it goes through the usual start-up processes, then crashes.  I get a message the a crash report has been sent to Adobe.  This has happened multiple times.  I try to get help with a live person at Adobe, but to even make this happen, is now difficult (used to be fairly easy).  My desktop is a relatively new Dell XPS (August 2017), and everything ran fine until around this past April.  I was able to get a Case number (ADB-2033577-W1W3) in early May but was not provided with any instructions on how to access it.

I have even performed complete uninstalls of both Photoshop CC along with the Adobe Cloud, without any luck. 

Fortunately, for the time being, I can access Photoshop CC usi9ng my laptop, but I need to run it on my desktop!!

Please help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, exactly what do I pay a subscription for? I'm running latest windows on pure Intel with fully updated drivers for everything. Nothing special is running in the background. My system has 16gb of ram and is well within the minimum specs. It *was* working. Now it's crashing every startup. I tried resetting preferences with ctrl+alt+shift on startup thinking it might be scratch disk / preference related, but no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FFS Adobe! Fix your sh!t in 2018! This hasn't been fixed since 2017 lol!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines