• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2018 crashes on launch

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had to go back to Photoshop CC 2017 (and re-load all my plugins again!) since I cannot get Photoshop CC 2018 to even load.  It immediately crashes. I have tried an uninstall and re-install (that did not help). I have also cleared all the usuall culprit PSP files in settings  - to no avail. I can't believe I am the only one having this problem.  btw - my machine is running a i7 chip with 32G of memory and a GTX 1080Ti graphics card.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Have you tried the old solution to rename Photoshop.exe to OldPhotoshop.exe? It worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue today after installing on a new laptop I bought.

Went to "edit", "preferences", "performance", and then "disable use of graphics processor".

Not exactly sure what that's going to end up effecting long term, but it worked.

Photoshop working fine for me now.

Pretty sure I will be able to see the long term effects later on....and that sounded redundant and obvious.

edit:  Went back in after it had opened, reactivated or enabled the use of my graphics processor and it's still working.

Weird stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In general there are three thing that affects the loading of a software. They are available hard drive space, bus speed (that's related to the mother board)  and memory size. If the forgoing are not sufficient, there will not be enough virtual memory for speedy loading, or to load at all. That will adversely affect the loading of large software such as Photoshop CC. In addition, based on my observation, efficient internet service is also a requirement. Please check the requirement of Photoshop CC, and your resource to see if you have sufficient. For laptops, once there's sufficient hard drive space, and memory, I usually assume the bus speed is also sufficient. See Photoshop system requirements  for the minimum resource required. Also keep in mind that each editing process uses additional space for the file you work on and for updating your preference file, and that the files are large. I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for bad English.

I fixed this problem on notebook with integratid intel and nvidea videocard.

For this I switched in the control panel nvidea preferred graphics processor -> high performance processor.

noname.png

May be and you helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had a similar problem with premiere pro crashing on start: CC2019 and CC2018 crash on start, CC2017 doesn't crash
in my case it turned out the latest driver for the integrated intel graphics card caused the problem.
by rolling back to a previous driver version, i could fix the problem.

"sada" in comment77 fixed it by setting the nvidea card as "preferred graphics processor" over the intel card.

i guess that is kind of a similar solution to mine. i just dont have the nvidea control panel installed, so i fixed it with the driver.

hope it helps.

in my research before my fix i found out that there are several reasons for such a crash.

so there is not ONE fix/soluton.

you have to figure out which fix suits your setup. or maybe just tryout 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should check whether your system requirements are correct. And if it is not then upgrade it on time in order to work smoothly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oddly, my solution was far more simple - I had installed Duet Display Duet Display - Ex-Apple Engineers Turn Your iPad Into An Extra Display in order to use my iPad Pro as digitizer and drawing tablet. As soon as it was uninstalled - Illustrator and Photoshop worked again fine as nothing had been wrong at all.

XPS 15, Win10, i7, GTX1050, 32GB RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My fix was

Sophos AV stopping it to run,

Hence on the Sophos Enterprise console under- Anti Virus & HIPS policy->On-access scan setting->windows exclusions->

excluded item:

the folder path and the file name.

also on the On demand scanning.

once apply the exclusion list on File name & folder seem working on the network PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had Startech VGA monitor splitter plugged in and Photoshop crashed every time on startup. Before I started using the splitter, Photoshop was fine. I tried unplugging it and using only one monitor---Photoshop worked fine. I switched to a DisplayPort option for the other monitor.

Windows 10

64-bit OS, x64-based processor

12.0 GB Installed RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2018 seem to utilize a large amount of resource. This seem to place a lot of demand on the motherboard and/or processor. In combination with adding more hardware/software/updates; reducing space availability, this could also cause crash. There are some improvement with Photoshop 2019 that let it appears to run more smoothly.

I hope this bit of info helps

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that the problem started after I reinstalled my wacom tablet driver. After trying to find ways to fix it I thought of trying to uninstall the wacom driver and the problem went away after that. Reinstalled an older driver version after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2019 Aug 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you upgrade your computer RAM, its happening because your program may be running out of memory.

[Message from moderator: Do not add URLs/websites to your signature or your account will be banned]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yup same problem and I am a teacher that is trying to teach a class.  I send in the error with my email and no one ever replies. I am lucky the state pays for my version. I wouldn't ever pay for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines