Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2018 I Can't Render Video

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2560-10-19 at 14.02.25.png

I wait so long but progress not working .

help me please

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All,

It appears that this issue has been fixed with the new update.

That's what's up.

-Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working here...

I've been using it to export HD videos to TIFF to create DCP for cinema and since I updated to CC 2018 it doesn't work anymore....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same pb with a Mac Pro early 2009 / El Capitan / PS 19.1.0.

But, I have THE "dynamiclink media server" pb too, if that tells someone ? I'm sure these two pb are linked. And my "dynamic…" pb isn't solved too.

Ok, my comment doesn't give an anwser and it's SO FRUSTRATING !

Anyone anything new since 1 february ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very frustrating. I did download the previous version and works like a charm. Maybe they will fix it someday but not holding my breath.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another frustrated Photoshop user here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here! Feb 13 2018... can't get hold of the adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I just worked with support chat on this and they found the solution. You have to uninstall 2018 and reinstall 2017. They are sending this up to their engineer teams but until then go back to the 2017 version for this. Now it works for me. I was having the same exact problem and it was driving me crazy. If this doesn't work after the 2017 installation try the following that the technician did:

preferences -> performance and unclick graphics processor. also raise memory level storage above 4850+

also go to activity monitor on your computer (I am on a macbook air 2017) and clear all adobe cache - force quit adobe desktop service, core sync and core sync helper etc.

Hope this helps everyone. I was going crazy! Since I need an mp4 export for Instagram for all of our social media campaigns and instagram doesn't accept gif format, only mp4. Also you can do this all in Adobe Premiere if you can't find a solution in Photoshop (I am just so much more comfortable with Photoshop for frame animation currently). Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear they are working on it. For now I run both 17 and 18.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gadz! You got that far? You done good.

Everytime I launch the photo editor (by accident, becuase I don't use it), all I see is a blank white space where the video frame should be. And if I slide the slider along the time line, the whole thing is white (empty).

I don't care. I use a REAL video editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not gonna argue about Photoshop being a real video editor... Its not Premier or FCPX.

BUT... My preference is Photoshop when doing a time-lapse especially stars because of smart objects. Sure strastax is great but nice having smart objects when you have several hundred pics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the default render setting is not supporting. You may can try installing DIVX or any other media encoder and try choose that in the render settings. See the pic below.

Try download DivX Video Software | Free Video Software | DivX Format | DivX.com  or similar and try export then.

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 9.43.03 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not working for me as well. Adobe Photoshop CC 2018, Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.3. Freezes on 'export video'..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here....really frustrating.

Screen Shot 2018-03-18 at 19.36.02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue... Until it is fixed you can open the psd in After Effects to render the timeline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is going to sound ridiculous, but I found someone with similar issues (sounds like a lot of people are getting this bug) was able to render after creating a New User on their computer and rendering it from there. I just did this as a test and it worked for me too. Something about permissions and whatnot.

I'm still trying to found other solutions because Logging In and Out constantly JUST to export a file is RIDICULOUS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here..frustrating to see it still hasn't been addressed...Well done Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here ....

But a good workaround is to render the video with Adobe Media Encoder. Just drag the PSD into the Media Encoder and you're done.

@Adobe: Please fix this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the latest update of PS 2018 19.1.3 and I could not open a 2.4 GB MP4 at all just spinning icon.  Downloaded PS 2017 and it opened in seconds and I was able to edit.  So obviously 2018 is having all kinds of video issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tips:

> Finish you job and save your PSD file

> If you try to render a video PS will crash

> Before this try disable timeline view (window > timeline)

> If the steps above don't work, force quit and open the file again. Try to export.

> Try disable the use of your graphic processor (preferences > performance)

> Try to export.

Some of this things should work.

Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I also recently ran into this bug, and the workaround can be found here: Video Stops Rendering at 50 percent

Hopefully this helps, let me know if you all have any questions.

Best,

Wren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@wrensauer got it right with her work around. Now it is finally working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem just happened to me; I use File>Export>Render Video often for myriad tasks, but usually it immediately opens the "Render Video" popup, and I can do my thing (usually, this is where I tell it I want my files named "F17 " and range the suffix from "00" with 2 digits, and I get "F17 00" to "F17 47" in perfect little .PNGs).  When I did the task I do in Photoshop regularly, it didn't work.

Thankfully, I'm used to Photoshop features and functions arbitrarily quitting without preamble or pomp; I expect to spend two or three hours a week searching for fixes, updating apps that I don't use because not updating them or installing them causes problems with other apps, and so on.  Sometimes the solution is to make a different face, hold my thumb on my stylus differently, or do work on a different program for a day or so, and see if the problem doesn't magically go away.  Magic -- is rad.

This problem went away after updating all of my apps, and, if other threads are correct, it was either Premier or After Effects that were causing the problem.

I made this post because this thread is the first result when I searched for "Photoshop CC 2018 render video freeze."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! After updating Premier or After Effects the problem was resolved.

P.S. Before doing this I also tried the suggested workaround Workaround for video rendering issue in Photoshop on macOS but that did not resolve my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Join the bandwagon. Same here.

Already try the workaround suggested by the Staff, yet I didn't find the file txt on adobe dynamic link.  Restart, it keep happening.

Thus, I did the downgrade-2017 suggestion. Work like magic. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Photoshop is crashing on export. Adobe, please fix this. I will not continue to pay for software that doesn't work. It freezes my high end system when trying to end it in task manager as well, and continues to use 100% memory. At the very least provide us with complimentary use of Premiere Pro so we can complete our projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines