• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2018 - line spacing tool failoure

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the Update of Photoshop CC 2017 to Photoshop CC 2018, the line spacing tool is not working anymore.

When I try to enter a number, it randomly changes it to another one. Also if I try to change the number via draging over the tool-symbol it first works and then jumps to a number over 8000...

How to fix this? Thank you in advance!

Foto.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Hi

Yes it only affects text that has been transformed. The workaround appears to be type the value into properties and the correct value will appear in the character panel

I am not sure what they call the properties panel in German but I have circled it in the menu which may help you find it. It is the same panel used for Live Shape properties

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 155 Replies 155
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, making each text element again from scratch is the only reliable solution until the fix comes out. Any text layer inherited from an older document, or which has been transformed in any way is subject to spooky haunting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Issue still persist even after typing the value and scrolling from mouse in both character and properties panels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's happening to me even in properties panel. It will not let me type in a value anywhere. I either need to separate out the text into separate text boxes or use the preset menu, which usually not the leading i'm looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Habe den gleichen Fehler, tritt nur auf wenn man den Text transformiert. Bis das gefixt ist empfehle ich die Texte nicht zu transformieren sondern rein über das Eigenschaftsfeld zu ändern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, switch the language of the Cc app to install the language pack of your choice, then switch language in Ps preferences: Change the language setting of your Creative Cloud apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with the text that was created from scratch. I cannot write, slide or copy the leading value I want. All I can do is to choose from pop-up menu (which is from 6 to 72 - and it doesn't fit my text)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@davescm, would you clarify something about what is meant by text being previously transformed? Are you referring to a block of text that is selected and its overall size changed visually by adjusting the size of the box rather than by changing the actual size of the fonts using the character panel? I do this sort of visual resizing when I have used multiple fonts used in a quote and then want to change the overall size relatively up or down, rather than going in and changing individual words or lines in the character panel. Is that what you mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ozona  wrote

@davescm , would you clarify something about what is meant by text being previously transformed? Are you referring to a block of text that is selected and its overall size changed visually by adjusting the size of the box rather than by changing the actual size of the fonts using the character panel? ?

That is exactly it - resized using the transform handles

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That helps me understand this better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The line height tool is COMPLETELY broken in Photoshop 2018. You guys need to implement a hotfix as soon as possible. Adobe has made for a very annoying Monday in many agencies and studios.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rogerc81  wrote

...........You guys need to implement a hotfix as soon as possible.

We are just users of Photoshop, the same as you.

Adobe have picked this up, in the meantime have you tried the workaround :

a. Enter the leading value in the Properties panel.

b. When you hit enter the value in the properties panel box will change to something different (that is a bug) but will now show correctly in the Character panel

c. The value applied to the text will be the same as you entered and now shown in the character panel

Note : The workaround does not work backwards - you must enter in the properties box.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lol, thanks Dave, didn't check close enough, thought it was adobe admin replying, my bad.

The workaround seems to work, but a lengthy pain so hopefully they'll address soon. Thanks for your help though.;)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem - hopefully a proper fix will come sooner rather than later

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed that the tool is broken. I went in to do a very common line-height change (click in the field, hold Shift, tap up arrow) and watched as the values went up into the tens of thousands immediately. Tapping down and Shift again made them climb further still. Type-in was my only option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not work for me. =(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having the same issue on MacOS high sierra. trying to adjust in properties it seem to put what it wants. i can type in a value, as soon as i hit enter it changes to something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

See post #26 for the workaround

You type the value into the Properties panel. It will change but that value will then show correctly in the Character panel and be applied to the image

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i saw, been doing it. just a pain. i'm glad i found this post cuz i thought i was loosing my mind when i would go to adjust and i got all these crazy numbers and i couldn't type in there lol

i was like what did i do!

i mainly just wanted to post that it's messed up in MacOS as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries - Adobe have picked this up

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add fuel to this fire. I'm getting the exact same problem so we need a fix to this pretty quickly. By the way davescm, the vignette style lighting in the background of your photo makes it seem like you have a Doc Brown style haircut at a glance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha - I sometimes feel like I'm going back to the future.  Actually - any hair would be good !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Davescm, you've been very helpful with this problem. I just discovered it today, with text in a text box that was transformed (resized via expanding the text box by grabbing the handles) in a file that was created in Photoshop CC 2017. What worked for me was copying the text and pasting it into a new text box using Photoshop CC 2018. Now any leading changes made in the properties panel sticks (rather than jumps to an arbitrary point size), and is also the same in the Character panel.

System El Capitan.@

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sucks because the new pen tool is amazing. Much quicker and accurate, but I won't update my work computer until the character panel/ line height is fixed. It literally haults work flow because I work with a lot of text lockups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's true. It slowed me down quite a bit today. Hopefully a hotfix will be released soon enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ivor_J! Thank you for this second workaround option! It is working well for me until Adobe can get the real fix done. I appreciate you adding it as another way we can potentially work while the bug is still a problem. I find your method of copying and pasting the transformed text into a new text box a bit more intuitive than by using the properties panel workaround.By the way, I am using OS Sierra on a Mac with the new Photoshop CC 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines