• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2018 - line spacing tool failoure

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the Update of Photoshop CC 2017 to Photoshop CC 2018, the line spacing tool is not working anymore.

When I try to enter a number, it randomly changes it to another one. Also if I try to change the number via draging over the tool-symbol it first works and then jumps to a number over 8000...

How to fix this? Thank you in advance!

Foto.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Hi

Yes it only affects text that has been transformed. The workaround appears to be type the value into properties and the correct value will appear in the character panel

I am not sure what they call the properties panel in German but I have circled it in the menu which may help you find it. It is the same panel used for Live Shape properties

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 155 Replies 155
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's really sad that this bug renders photoshop useless for 2 weeks now!  Fix it Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stupidest and annoying bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can Adobe roll out this product without being aware of this bug. This has come and gone in throughout various rollouts. This is supposed to be the industry professionals tool and it makes adjusting type a nightmare.

Honestly adobe....get it together. How is this not fixed yet?

Workaround solutions? Lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here!

This is a serious bug... 80% of my work is with the type tool.

Only work around is creating separate layers for each line of text

You can use the auto spacing but it never looks good if you have different font sizes...

ADOBE PLEASE FIX!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big shame for adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. I thought I was going crazy. With all due respect Adobe, this update is a total pile of dog doo. I'm being as polite as I can, but the entire 2018 update with its myriad of work stoppage bugs is just not fit for release. I hope you're listening. So far bugs that have greatly affected my work are 1) This text bug 2) Healing brush lag 3) colors inconsistent between 2017 and 2018 (ADOBE??!!! You messed up the most basic and essential thing - color accuracy).

At least you fixed the issue of "image turns black when spanning two monitors in a dual monitor setup", I mean, it took 10 months!!!!!! Seriously. You are not doing well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@bellvue scott

What issues are you seeing with color accuracy between versions? I am seeing no problems here. If you are hitting issues, then it will be worth starting a new thread.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just installed the Photoshop update from this morning, and I believe the problem has been resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem has been resolved, but the leading does not update in real time like it used to. You have to commit the new leading amount before seeing what it looks like. Which isn't great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, changing the values for leading or font size by using the arrow keys doesn‘t evoke a real time update any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2017-11-14 Photoshop update

I think the problem is fixed. No more leading problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just in case I had the issue on windows seven since the 2018 rollout and just updated to windows 10 and no more problem with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

was talking about the leading issue. the text live update problem is still there. but I'm going to investigate because my colleague whom has the same windows 10 and creative cloud version don't have the problem. he can change the text size, while it is selected, in real time. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok.. this is bizarre.. but I'm now having a separate issue with the text tool.

My text is so small you can't read it, regardless of what size or font you select. It also doesn't matter if it's in a paragraph text box or not. I've shut down Photoshop, opened new files - exactly the same.

When I go to transform what I've written I get "Could not transform because the initial bounding rectangle is empty."

Any ideas guys?! Currently can't use Photoshop at all because of this!

EDIT: I've fixed the issue. For anyone else experiencing it, I deleted "Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Prefs.psp" from the settings folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update to  CC 2018 is out. Check your CC Desktop Manager and see if it helps. Use Check for Updates in the side menu if it doesn't show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gener7  escribió

An update to  CC 2018 is out. Check your CC Desktop Manager and see if it helps. Use Check for Updates in the side menu if it doesn't show up.

Is there a way to check the changes log? Can't find it anywhere. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, no announcements or changelog anywhere. It just showed up on my CC Desktop manager last night. The Alt-Backspace bug on Windows has also been fixed.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems it's only half fixed. The random increments are gone, but the line-height does not change visibly anymore unless you commit to the new value. The up/down arrows in the value field change the number correctly, but that adjustment is not directly reflected in the visible text like it used to.

So my frustration has not quite gone away yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me, can't preview text changes when changing the font size, so no complete fix for me.

Also the first time I started PS 2018 I encountered an old friend: The text palette button is pressed but no palette is showing. SO I restarted and found the half fix. Will use CC2017 for the time being

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cclavo_barcelo  wrote

gener7   escribió

Is there a way to check the changes log? Can't find it anywhere. Thanks.

Release notes: Photoshop CC 19.0.1 now available | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More specifically, the fix is listed here: Fixed issues in Adobe Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After update, the "Leading" issue is resolved. It's not going nuts no more. Thanks for that.

But "Font size", ""Tracking" and "Leading" are not showing real-time results, until you press enter or switch to other settings of the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is maddening!

Real-time updating of text parameters is kaput.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As someone who puts in double digit hours in Photoshop each day, this makes me want to pull my hair out. I might just downgrade back to 2017 for the time being.  Thanks Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am doing that as we speak....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines