• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2019, transform handles not showing [2019]

Advocate ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normaly in photoshop, when hit Comand+T the handles appear to do any transformations, however now in CC 2019 handles not appearing at all, only the reference point is visible, I saw preferences and dont see any to activate it.

Only when I activate View/Show layer edges  a blue line appears.. How can I fix this?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

I found if I go into Preferences, Performance, and click on "Advanced Settings" under the "Use Graphics Processor setting, then changed the drawing mode from Advanced to Basic, then the Transform controls would show. If I have it set to Normal or Advanced, it wouldn't show. Not sure if it's a good thing to go with Basic as opposed to Advanced or not.

Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 3.46.22 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iPirate727  wrote

Sorry, Crusty.  There is no "Tools" section in Preferences.

Photoshop CC 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

WilliamBennett_0-1681679640493.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very strange bug I think... It was happening in the previous version as well...
For me, what worked is having an RGB file open first - controls seem to work here. Then on opening the CMYK file, the controls appear.
...I have also tried turning on the reference point in Tools as suggested by Crusty.

Good luck everyone!

ps. Adobe - please fix - this is a really irritating bug for us old-school types who still mainly design for print!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too - how bizarre.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I turned off the 'Use Graphics Processor' tick box under performance and the Handles reappeared.

Then I went back and ticked the box back on. Still got the handles.

So... mort likely a glitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trick i found is to change color modes, from cmyk to rgb and then back. This will delete your adjustment layers however, so only do it if its a basic file with only a few layers and no adjustments

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked for me! this was also driving me crazy because i could not see my numbered sample points! - hope this isn't something i have to do every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same thing happen. I was working in CMYK mode. I converted to RGB, then Command+Z (undo) and the handles came back without my file being re-converted. Crazy.

~jb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to me like none of these work for the experienced Photoshopper. It doesn't matter if my preferences have "Show reference during Transform" is checked on. It doesn't matter if the document is CMYK or RGB. Hiding / Showing edges Control H, doesn't really work on my Mac. It feels like its a bug and a simple restart or clearance of preferences fixes this. The problem is, we can not see what we're doing and for those of us that use keyboard shortcuts while we're transform-ing. This can be incredibly stifling and makes editing take a lot longer than before. Please let us know your official standpoint Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could not agree with you more. On CC 2019 I could never get the eraser tool to function properly. Now the transform handles are gone and you have to take the extra step of hitting CMD T to get the handles to appear. Very displeased with the performance at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More pre-beta software from Adobe. Good thing it is free. Oh wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is the "Correct answer" why doesn't it work? Have tried ALL the suggested fixes, carefully restarting after each one, and still cannot see the handles on the move tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, although I have the 2020 version I sense this is the last time I shall be putting any money Adobe's way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I THINK THERE ARE A FEW PEOPLE TALLKING ABOUT DIFFERENT THINGS. THIS IS WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE IF YOU WANT THE HANDLE BARS BACK. SEE SCREENSHOT BELOW.

TRANSFORM CONTROLS.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This worked when nothing else suggested did. And I never unchecked that box in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Way to go, sjmayer67.
My vocabulary was all out of ammo when I read your post.  BINGO!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found this and screenshotted it and you posted  it - well done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines