• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2020 - Render Video stuck at Initializing Video Export

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here I am again ($&*!)... any attempt to render video gets stuck at "Initializing Video Export".  The file I'm working with is a a frame-based animation - 160 x 160px, 120 frames.  Remedial steps taken:

• trashed Photoshop prefs
  • uninstalled/reinstalled Photoshop
  • verified all CC apps are up to date

This issue has continued to crop up time and again... come on Adobe, lets squash this (expletive) bug.

macOS Catalina 10.15.4

Mac Pro (Late 2013)

3.7GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5

Memory 32GB 1866MHz DDR3

Graphics AMD FirePro D300 2 GB

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue as well!

Brand new mac, all software up-to-date and no go.

Frustrating... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

😭same issue... I'm very frustruated! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Emi,

I've found that dragging the final photoshop file into Media encoder works... 

Cheers

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You! Dragging psd into ME worked for me as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Genius idea but... unfortunatly, Media Encoder did not work for my file unless I'm missing something.  Error message:  The file "VIDEO.PSD" could not be imported.  Could not read from source.  Please check the settings and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance the document might have been corrupted somehow? Did you try duplicating it (Image > Duplicate on the menu bar) and then trying once more to export or use Media Encoder? (Similarly, did you try a different document?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely no chance.

same with multiple files across two machines and also the same for a multitude of people intermittently since 2016.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, the underlying issue appears to be a conflict between an old install of CS6 and CC2020.  That said, I did land on a solution that consistently works for solving the issue whenever it pops up.  Here it is... 

1.  Quit all Adobe apps

2.  Open your Keychain app and delete all things "adobe"

3.  Quit Keychain

4.  Launch Photoshop CC2020.  As it starts up, use key command to delete settings prefs (shift/control/option/cmd)

You will have to login again, but this should do solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks chrish44612212.  I'm going to try that now.  I'll post an update for anyone in the future having the same issue. I really appreciate everyone's advice/suggestions.

UPDATE:  I tried uninstalling/reinstalling all Adobe apps, and still the same issue. BUT, that helped me eliminate that it may not be an Adobe issue... so thatnk you!  I narrowed down my problem to a funky video driver issue.  Updated the drive software and now I seem to be back up and running.  Thanks to everyone for your support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just been having the same issue and tried the above theory which i'm so pleased to say ACTUALLY WORKED! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. I had tried everything, but this finally worked! Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem since I updated Photoshop. @chrish44612212 solution worked the first time. Next day, the problem is back and since then this does not work... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This works great in Photoshop CC2021 which of course has the same problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like charm, thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chrish44612212 — thank you, works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's true.  I had a co-worker open the same file and export quickly with no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As AmplifyBrand mentioned, if you open Media Encoder and drag the psd file into that, it might work. It worked for me.

Crazy how exporting from Photoshop is STILL a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still same issue when upgraded to Photoshop 2021...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here too. Hangs up while encoding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah same here, i have brand new imac 27"

How its possible i see people write about initializing video export stuck from 2015 till now 2021 and still same problem. 

Adobe you really cannot fix this issue!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video just does not work in Photoshop on Windows 10 - cannot import video clips, export timelines. I have been using Adboe products for years and they seem to get worse with each release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines