• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2023 - Color Picker changed or bugged?

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a layer which on which i add a conture effect and click on the color and want to sample a color from one of the underlying layers. I get the eyedropper mouse symbol but it won't sample any color. Reopened the same project in CC 2022 works fine. Is this a known bug oder is the color picker working differently in CC2023?

Thanks in Advance.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Hi

I just tested with the PSD file you supplied and the color picker is working fine for me with Photoshop 24.0 on Windows 10

2022-10-22 10_48_13-ColorPicker_Test.psd @ 50% (Rechteck 1, RGB_8#).png

Maybe try a preference reset

2022-10-22 10_50_04-ColorPicker_Test.psd @ 50% (Rechteck 1, RGB_8#).png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can't seem to edit my post. It also happens, when i place a shape, double click it and try to use the color picker to pickup a color from the background. it doesn't pick up any color. Same PSD File works fine in Photoshop CC2022. I've attached a test PSD for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I just tested with the PSD file you supplied and the color picker is working fine for me with Photoshop 24.0 on Windows 10

2022-10-22 10_48_13-ColorPicker_Test.psd @ 50% (Rechteck 1, RGB_8#).png

Maybe try a preference reset

2022-10-22 10_50_04-ColorPicker_Test.psd @ 50% (Rechteck 1, RGB_8#).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for testing it out. Really Strange. The eyedropper was set to 'Current and below' which should have worked, but didn't. I set it to 'all layers' and it worked, changed it back current and blow' and still works...strange. maybe it was stuck somehow and changing the properties fixed. Thanks for the suggestion to reset preferences. I would close this discussion (or even delete it) - if i could -  as it was kind of a dumb problem, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No apology needed, sometimes Photoshop can misbehave and resetting the preferences is always the first port of call, glad you got it sorted, this thread may help someone in a similar situation, so no need to close the discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have two screens? I had the same issue and I just noticed that, when I clicked the colour to pick another colour, it used to open the color picking window on my tablet and, since I didn't notice it, I thought it was crashing as well. Check it out maybe, hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines