• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 64 bit Option

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a file that is huge, about 2 gigs, and I've been trying to figure a way to open it in 64 bit. The option is not located where it should be when I right click "Open With." I believe that not having the ability to use the 64 bit is corrupting my files that I'm trying to save to use in Roland VersaWorks Dues. I don't want to down size because I'm not use to using VersaWorks. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Also note that files over 2 GB must be saved as PSB files. PSD files are limited to 2 GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

First a 2GB file is not that hige these days.

As to your question, by "open in 64 bit"  you could mean a couple of things :

1. Your file is 64 bits /channel. I don't know of any file format that supports that and Photoshop supports files with up to 32 bits/channel.

2. You are wanting to use a 64 bit version of Photoshop. That is installed when you install on a 64 bit operating system, so provided your operating system is 64 bit then Photoshop should also be installed as 64 bit.

Can you please clarify your question

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is when you're old like me lol. My first computer was around the beginning of AOL dial up.

I figured it out. After spending a while on it I realized the CC version was already installed as 64 bit. I went from using the CS6 disc version to CC 2019. I think my file is just corrupted and will have to start over -_-

I appreciate your time.

Thank you,

SJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also note that files over 2 GB must be saved as PSB files. PSD files are limited to 2 GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was saved as a PSB. This design was created by another artist a few years back. Who know what they did to it, they've copied it so many times, resized and what have you. There was no saving it was just corrupted. I ended up had to just recreate the whole thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sjimboy0511  wrote

It is when you're old like me lol. My first computer was around the beginning of AOL dial up.

Haha - My first computer had 32K RAM. Storage was on cassette and the idea of photos on a home computer was just a dream

Glad you got it sorted

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oooo I bet that was fun to use. lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sjimboy0511  wrote

I believe that not having the ability to use the 64 bit is corrupting my files that I'm trying to save to use in Roland VersaWorks Dues.

You can also try support from Roland VersaWorks Dual to see what they say since the goal seems to be using it there:

https://www.rolanddga.com/support/products/software/versaworks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines