• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC Clone Stamp not working for me

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was another thread about this, several people reported this problem, but so far no response from Adobe. Let's try this again.

The Clone Stamp no longer works right. It's slow and sampling results are all over the place. It will sample from areas I never even ALT clicked on. And it can't keep up with rapid sampling and stamping. As is, Photoshop CC is totally unusable for photo retouching work.

I switched back to CS6, which still works fine, so the problem is NOT on my end.

Running Windows 7 64bit. Photoshop CC 64bit.

Can we get some response from Adobe please ??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2013 Aug 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem. The sourcing for the tool is wonky. It "sticks" in response to multiple consecutive alt-clicks. It is not performance related; I run a professional Windows workstation for compositing and animation. It is not driver related; I've (properly) updated my gpu drivers to the latest iteration; all software is current. I run no photoshop plug-ins.

As the clone stamp tool functions perfectly in all previous versions of photoshop, this is clearly a software problem--and one that demands an immediate response.

If an integral feature of the application does not hold up to professional use, then what good is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 03, 2013 Oct 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is not a "general problem" with this.

I have a decent system with an ATI card, running Windows 7 x64, and I am able to Alt-click to set the clone source location then clone to another place immediately and rapidly, time after time.

It's possible the trouble is limited to systems with nVidia GPUs, I don't know.  And it's also possible Adobe has changed something that relies on a function of the display driver that nVidia just doesn't do well.  Or it could be driver interaction with Wacom, as noted above.

I *DO* know that nVidia has been seen, in the past, to work around GPU bugs by implementing certain functions in their driver software, to run on the CPU, which has the obvious effect of slowing certain operations down by 10x or more.  Perhaps this allows them to achieve OpenGL compliance certifications sooner, I don't know.  Nor can I say whether they're following this practice today; it's been a couple of years since I worked on the low-level GPU functions in my own software and was able to observe this practice.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2013 Nov 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

I have ati cart to, but photoshop clone stump tool doesent work properly, not just clone stump pen tool is slow to, work with delay, and that make me crazy, I try all of suggestion wich people write here but nothing change...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. Just started using the 30 day trial of CC with a brand new computer. Clone tool is hesitating every couple of seconds. It's slowing down my re-touching work to a crawl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A possibility may also be the Wacom Intuos driver, if you are using a Wacom Intuos. When I was using Windows I would have clone brush balking issues like you describe, and a Wacom driver update fixed it a couple of times. Now that I'm on Mac, I haven't encountered the issue, as the Mac versions of Wacom drivers seem to be more stable. Also, check if the Adobe CEF Helper process is hogging CPU %, it is so bad on my Mac that I cannot run the Creative Cloud App except when necessary. It is currently at about 25% on my Mac. I believe Windows users are experiencing something similar. Same with the Core Sync process hogging CPU, which makes it impossible for me to use font sync or document sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you bobmepp,

I completely uninstalled my Wacom Tablet and now my clone stamp / brush is working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2013 Nov 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the same 'wonki-ness' with the clone tool in Photoshop CC.

Turned off 'use Grpahics Processor' - restarted CC - and it is working fine now.

I'll accept this only as a temporary fix so I can get some work done.

Casey

Late-2013 MBP / OSX 10.9 / 16GB / 512GB SSD / NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2015 Jun 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks downbythesea.  I am on W7 x64 with a Nvidia GTX750 Ti and turning off the Use GPU processor worked great, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2014 Jan 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. It occurs with the healing brush also.

I believe the problem lies in the Alt key being used to sample a place on the image also invokes the Menu bar in Photoshop. Adobe refuses to accept any fault in programming though, they have also told me that it is some other setting I've changed on my fresh install of Windows 7 that worked fine with CS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have gone back to using PS CS6 instead of CC because Adobe I guess doesn't give a damn about this problem more than 3 months later.

A problem that only started with Photoshop CC. Blaming user's OS or hardware is rediculous. CS6 and below don't have this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope I have not missed something and am reinventing the wheel here, but I had a think about how Windows uses the Alt key.  People are quite right, that even with the Clone tool selected, using the Alt key initially brings up the Menus (waiting for their 'mostly' first letter short cuts) but Windows releases the Alt key as soon as you left click on the source.

But what other ways does Windows use the Alt key?  I think this is something Noel would be the best to answer, but THIS LINK mentions using Alt left mouse to move a window in Ubuntu, for instance. But Ubuntu is not Windows I guess.   I am way out of my comfort zone with this stuff!

There is somebody HERE talking about that same Alt click drag facility to resize windows, but this time with Linux, and he is given a link to a tool that impliments the same feature in Windows.  What I am saying/asking here, is do any of the people with problems have anything else on their systems that traps an Alt click?

As a little aside, I installed Lazy Nezumi while using my laptop, because it is cheap as chips, and I need all the help I can get when it comes to drawing nice lines in Photoshop.  It works great, and does everything it claims, but it also messes up some Photoshop shortcuts.  It allows you to reprogram those shortcuts to other keys though, so I shall be doing that when I put it on my main system.  You see my point though?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2014 Jan 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a warning, I did the same and suggest not updating CS6 as the problem came back when I did. Stick to 13.0!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2014 Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just posted a similar issue with this tool. When I first installed PSCC it had the"align/not aligned" check box available, but it disappeared and I have not been able to get it back, even after uninstalling/reinstalling PSCC.

The source picker doesn't seem to be lining up and when I click/drag to clone what I just selected, it clones lighter and fuzzier and NOT what I pciked/want!!! Grrrrrrr.... Driving me crazy! Don't have option to revert to older version as I am on a work computer and no access to previous versions.

CAN ANYONE HELP?!?!?!?  WHERE IS ADOBE WITH SOME ANSWERS?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. With the healing brush, too. Moved back to CS6 and it's fine. Adobe continues to tell me that it is a computer/settings issue and refuses to accept that it's a PS CC programming issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2014 Mar 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bem amigos tambem estou com o mesmo problema, ate o meu photoshop cs6 que funcionava corretamente, apos ser atualizado passou a apresentar o mesmo problema...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!!!

Both of my work and home computer have CC and only the one at home works.

The photoshop on my work computer does not really do stamping - it does something else - which I can not tell (it randomly stamps some areas and some not!)

It is extremely frustraing!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To help the Adobe Staff pinpoint the root cause of this bug, if you are experiencing this problem can you please fill out your system specs below:

MY PC CONFIGURATION

Photoshop Version: 

CPU:

RAM:

Graphics Card:

Operating System:

Antivirus:

Tablet:

Mouse:

Audio:

HDD:

Display:

Key Running Processes:

We may be able to find a trend if everyone posts their specs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have found some solutions for this issue:

• i unplugged my laptop from the power source, and running on battery only, it worked ONCE. When the issue reappeared, it didn't worked again.
  • one thing that worked for me was turning off my laptop for 10 minutes (more or less) then turning it on again. The delay was not present anymore. I just found it out.

While these may not be definitive solutions, i took those ten minutes and drink a cup of tea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2014 Jul 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem.  Worked fine for months- clone stamp suddenly stopped working. My system is plenty powerful and nothing has changed. Frustrating for sure.

Jen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2014 Jul 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar to me. This problem is just random.

I originally only have this issue on CC, but not on CS6. After reinstall my OS (without any hardware change, drivers should be same too), I suddenly have this problem for both CS6 and CC.. and now CC 2014. I have to be exclusively using CS5 now.

I think it occurs more often on nVidia graphic cards from what I can see in this thread. Other drivers may be involved too, hard to say.

My case is:

i5-4570

Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660

win7 x64

My old notebook, with ATI mobile graphic card, have same issue though. AND even computers on my university's lab have this problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2014 Jun 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I just tried CC 2014, no fix, at all.

Oh yeah, for sure it's not Adobe's problem, just our computer and system suck. Thank you Noel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2014 Jun 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.  Happy to help you find the problem.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2014 Jul 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am part of the $9.99/mo Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan.

I have just updated to the latest version of Adobe Photoshop CC 2014, and can happily confirm in this version Adobe has fixed the problem with the Clone Stamp and the Healing Brush.

I did upgrade my Razer Synapse software, and also downgraded my mouse from a Razer DeathAdder 3.5G to a Razer DeathAdder 1600dpi Infrared - but I do not believe these to be the cause of the fix.

Anyone else with the same experience?

My current PC configuration:

CPU:  Quad Core Intel i7-3770k

RAM:  32GB

Graphics:  Nvidia GTX 780

Antivirus:  Symantec

Tablet:  Wacom Intuos 5 + Wireless Kit

Mouse:  Razer DeathAdder 1600dpi

Audio:  Creative ZXR

HDD:  Crucial M4 256GB SSD

Display:  Dell U2410

Key Running Processes:  Razer Synapse, ColorMunkiDisplayTray, Symantec Antivirus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2014 Jul 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's refreshing to hear of someone finding Photoshop CC 2014 quicker, because others are reporting slowdowns.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2014 Jul 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You for posting this i just did the update on my Photoshop cc and mine works as well!

-Naomi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines