• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC Extremely Slow Startup

Engaged ,
May 08, 2015 May 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC 2014.2.2 is taking maybe 1 to 2 minutes after opening the application before I can open a file or create a new one. The menus just freeze and you can't interact. The mouse pointer is very slow and jerky across the screen. If I flip to another application it operates just fine so I don't think it's a memory issue.

I don't think I have made any changes to make this happen, just started out of the blue. Obnoxious.

Windows 8.1, 64bit.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Darn, didn’t work at all. ☹

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If all fails and Adobe ignores this thread: this worked like a charm for me.

- In Windows open a command prompt (cmd) with admin credentials

- Enter the following commands:

TaskKill /T /F /IM AcroTray
TaskKill /T /F /IM Adobe*
TaskKill /T /F /IM CCL*
TaskKill /T /F /IM CCX*
TaskKill /T /F /IM Core*
TaskKill /T /F /IM Creative*

After that, start Photoshop. Starts in seconds. No reboot required 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, where Photoshop would take ages to start up or to open a file on a brand new top spec PC (Ryzen 5900X, RTX 3080, 32GB RAM, 1TB NVMe SSD). It was driving me crazy. But today I finally managed to fix it by going into NVIDIA Control Panel -> Display -> Set up G-SYNC and switching from "Enable for windowed and full screen mode" to just "Enable for windowed mode" (because I obviously still want to use G-SYNC for my full screen games). Now Photoshop works like a charm. I hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Enable for windowed mode" 

By @vdriver6661

Ouch, I meant "Enable for fullscreen mode". Why is there no edit button? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

another important note about GSync. If you noticed mouse stuttering when you use Ps and other Adobe app, GSync is what's causing it. Disable GSync entirely and the stuttering goes away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here! No plugins installed. I guess it's a creative cloud problem that every time try to synchronize what you have in the cloud. If that's really the issue, please adobe allow your users to get rid of it or to disable creative cloud interaction with the entire cc suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 23.2.0 It has been weeks of horrible performance. The moment I disabled Present Synching and closed the libraries tab everything was fast again.

Stay away fron synching if you photoshop starts slow with the neverending circling wheel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

6 years later, still super slow. I hope Photoshop is replaced by Figma. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines