• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC is asking to enable JavaScript

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still running Windows 7 and PS now is shutting off, asking to enable Javascript, but I couldn't find how to work it out.

Thanks,

Cesar B.

[title renamed by moderator for clarity. was "How to enable javascript on Photoshop CC?"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Hi, all.

Finally solved the mistery and for some reason this computer came to be the third into my Adobe CC account, so Photoshop was blocked with this silly blank screen which didn't allowed to figure out what was actually happening.

Case closed, I hope, although I can't understand why it happenned out from nothing.

Thanks for your attention,

Cesar B. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

What exact version of PS, and can you post a screen shot of the error message?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Jane.

I'm using the last version of PS for W7, but right now the error message is
gone and I just have a blank window where used to be the warning asking to
enable Javascript. Once I close this window PS crashes and that's it.
It's an old machine and I'm postponing to install W10, but maybe that will
be the next option if can't manage to find a solution.

Thanks for your attention,,

Cesar B.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you installed any third party plug-ins or extensions?  Photoshop uses its own scripting support plug-in ScriptingSupport 21.1 - from the file “ScriptingSupport.8li” not any other installed on your system. It should be listed ins you Photoshop Help>System Info... as loaded in the required section.

Make sure it on your system.  A third party add-on may require some other javascript implementation.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this file ScriptingSupport.8li is installed ok and I just removed DxO plug-in to test if could be the trouble source, but I still have an empty box when openning PS, now just blank, but I can't access the Help section anyway.

I also checked if Java is running ok on browsers and don't what else could I do.

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks,

Cesar B.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Browsers do not use Adobe's Plug-in ScriptingSupport. Your doing the an Apple and Orange comparison.  It has no bearing on the problem you are having in Photoshop. You need to troubleshoot what is creating that empty box. It should not be Adobe's ScriptingSupport Plug-in.  When you start Photoshop hold down the shift key and when prompted skip loading all third party Plug-ins. See if Photoshop opens without the empty box...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, you should really try to find and provide the requested information: helps>system info will give you the version you are running. You might not be aware of a new update, for instance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This shouldn't affect Photoshop directly, however, are you running anti-virus software that could potentially be affecting other programs by blocking JavaScript at the system level?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I've been following suggestions from another thread, including closing anti-virus and using the shift key, but all I got was a different message, now mentioning some problem with "generator" and "gate 1080". Looking at the files on another computer everything seems ok, but I couldn't find anything about this gate.

I'll try to instal PS once more and maybe update for Windows 10.

Thank you all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, all.

Finally solved the mistery and for some reason this computer came to be the third into my Adobe CC account, so Photoshop was blocked with this silly blank screen which didn't allowed to figure out what was actually happening.

Case closed, I hope, although I can't understand why it happenned out from nothing.

Thanks for your attention,

Cesar B. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines