• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC rotate tool useless, "openGL enabled document" errors

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my MacBook Pro to High Sierra, Working on a document in Photoshop I realized my rotation tool doesn't work anymore. I have the latest version of Photoshop CC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi arnaudg2980557,

Sorry that you're getting an "OpenGL document error" while using the rotate tool.

Could you please take a look at this similar discussion works with OpenGL enabled document windows error in Photoshop CC 2014 and let us know if that helps? Also, which version of Photoshop are you using?

You may also refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues ​

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi arnaudg2980557,

Sorry that you're getting an "OpenGL document error" while using the rotate tool.

Could you please take a look at this similar discussion works with OpenGL enabled document windows error in Photoshop CC 2014 and let us know if that helps? Also, which version of Photoshop are you using?

You may also refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues ​

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'll check that out. Stay input please. Will get back to you in a sec.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw that link " works with OpenGL enabled document windows error in Photoshop CC 2014"

second image is a Cyrillic screenshot.

My rotate tool has been working just fine for 5 years until today. I have the latest PSD CC version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed the problem.

When Rotate tool doesn't work due to openGL window issue. when I went to PSD preferences/performences, the advance settings was disabled. I couldn't get in.

I closed and re-opened the program and this option was enabled. I checked the use Graphic processeor (that was not working before) and now it's fine.

I have no clue why the option was disabled since I never opened that menu before... Oh well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me however my advanced settings are still disabled 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I still have this problem not able to rotate canvas even within preferences and my 'use graphic processor' ON ! Still have the annoying problem. So I use photoshop 2019 and 2020, very sadly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you its solved. those who arent able to , try twice . close & reopen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of these options fixed the problem in my Photoshop. I use a Macbook Pro Late 2011 and it is already the second update that gives the rotate tool a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Rotation tool is not working as of 8/4/2020. Please help to find the cause of this problem as it is a huge disadvantage in my design work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually a restart of the PC fixes this. But wont stop happening to me as well. Windows 7 PS 2020.  8/4/2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not working for me, either, and there is nothing anywhere that even giving me the option to enable OpenGL, which everything on the internet has been telling me to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using an iMac (27-inch, Mid 2011) and I have upgraded to Photoshop (21.2.3). My rotation tool is not working, when I try to use the rotation tool a window pops up saying "Could not complete request because it only works with OpenGL enable document window".

Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 8.51.15 PM.pngI researched tutorials on how to fix this problem. I did go to Photoshop > Perefence > Performance. I could not find the drive under the Detected Graphic Processor. 

Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 8.51.53 PM.png

I clicked on Advanced Settings and the checkbox for OpenGL and two other checkboxes are greyed out.

Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 8.52.02 PM.png I uninstalled and reinstalled photoshop and nothing happened. I unchecked Use Graphics Processor and shut off photoshop and that did not work either. I read other instructions saying that my GPU drive could be outdated? I am having a hard time figuring this problem out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem- I also upgraded to the newest photoshop, and it also doesn't show my drive under preferenes performance. Working with windows 10, gpu NVDIA quadro 4000

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing an update sometime this summer, I had an issue with my brush size and opacity not being visible as I used it. Adobe had me uninstall and reinstall the previous version. So, needless to say, I was hesitant to update again. Against my better judgment, I updated last night. Now I'm experiencing this same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Go into your Nvidia contraoll paneland click the option for your graphics card to be used with photoshopphotoshop open gl.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem, same system, tried finding answers in the same places. Didn't try re-installing because I haven't seen it work for anyone else. The rotate tool shortcut "r" worked a few months ago (in the summer 2020), but now doesn't. Please let me know if you find a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
Just to let you know: did not find a solution yet and I am convinced ... there isn't any...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact problem, same exact computer... no solution found 😞

Designer & Web Developer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same problem with a 21.5inch mid-2011, running AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512MB. Not able to turn on the settings or detect the graphics processor. I wonder if the issue is that the graphics driver isn't being updated due to the age of my machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I just run into the same issue on my new computer - Lenovo Thinkpad Laptop Intel Core i7 - Windows 10. I found a working solution that you can try if you wish. I have a link to the YouTube video. I personally don't know this person, but I looked at the video and realized I've done this process before. It will kind of rollback to original settings for the OpenGL Window Document process. Follow the video (may have an issue with the audio) and it will work. I literally did it 5 mins ago. Hope this helps, if you haven't found a working solution yet.

I have no rights to this solution. Credit is given to the person/party in the video link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EOu-_wR9-8

In this video i will show you how to Fix Photoshop Rotate tool error (OpenGl issue) Please Turn on the Subtitles (CC) if you don't under stand my language or you have any issue with the audio. Error: Could not complete your request because it only works with OpenGL enabled document windows . If ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the video you mentioned. In the video his computer has 130 and 120 with the 130 having an arrow. My computer has 130, 140, 150 all with arrows. So I followed his instructions for each folder one at a time and none of them worked. Both the rotate tool and the scrubby zoom are both not working. It seems with every "update" more and more tools stop working. Anybody know if Adobe is adressing these issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone is still having this issue (Jan-15-2022), i just managed to get the rotate tool to work again, i have Ps 22.4.2, and the tool stopped working when i tryed to use the 3D extrution tool and, the 3D space in general. So anyways this is what worked for after weeks of searching a solution.

This is how i have my performance tab set up...

Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 9.58.10 AM.png

Then i went to my Tech Previews tab, and went ahead and unchecked that "Deactivate Native Canvas" (i had it checked in order to use the 3d space and tools) i guess there is some kind of performance conflict there. Then i restarted and everything worked flawlessly.

Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 9.58.25 AM.png

Anyways, that did it for me, good luck everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! It helped so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou, I came to this issue just yesterday(20-09-2022) and following this advice, turned off the native canvas and my rotate started working, My GPU is a AMD 270x, I also can not see many advance graphic features in the Performance menu which I earlier used to.

Thankyou. This advice fixed the issue instantly after startup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines