Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop color correction

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

I really hope someone can help me with this. Please watch the video: Photoshop video 

I would like the letters in the same colour but maintaining the structure from the packages and how do I  precisely select the outline of the letters and the packages so there won't be any white lines? 

Thank you so much in advance!!! 

Best, 

Isabella

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can select the letters using the Quick Selection tool then make a solid color fill adjustment layer. It should make a mask based on your selection with a solid color of your choosing. You can then simply paint over the white highlight areas that you do not want to show/fill with solid color.

You can then adjust the color as needed on the new layer.

If you do want to keep the highlights, just change the blend mode to color or hue.

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1673895927840.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Kevin mentions you can use the magis want tool or you can select Color range.  Both may also select the detail or omit hem from your selection.  You can edit your selection by smoothing to remove details. Then set your history brush to "Non Linear History and select the smoothed selection in your history pallet, then move backward in history to the place where the selection was more accurate and carefully brush in the areas where you have removed the unwanted details. 

ICC programmer and developer, Photographer, artist and color management expert, Print standards and process expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay guys, thank you so much both! I am a noobie to photoshop so this was a big help forward, but I didn't manage it fully.

Watch video 2 (my photoshop is in Danish, my apology) 

So I manage to select all the letters and make a solid color fill adjustment layer. I also changed my history brush to "Non Linear History", but I am still confused about how I paint over the white highlights so it will keep the same color as the package. Because if I paint with the solid color, its red... (sorry I am bit lost haha) and the same applies for the edges on the bag. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to set the blending mode of the brush you paint with of you want to preserve tone etc.

However, I'd be doing this using a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer. Select a colour in theHue/Saturation adjustment dialog, use the eyedropper to select your colour that needs changing and try using the sliders to change to the desired colour

I hope it works for you

neil barstow, colourmanagement net - adobe forum volunteer - co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Change the blend mode on the layer to Hue or Color to show the highlights in the letters, if I'm understanding correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines