• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop colorize neural filter doesn't work

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the filter without problems, but it doesn't work, I can't color a black and white photo, simply nothing happens.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

How large is your file? It could be that it is taking a while to process. How long did you wait before you cancelled?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problems with beta code is not uncommon. Make sure your GPU is supported in Photoshop 2021. Adobe beta code colorize does not seem to support my Nvidea Quadro K2200 gpu.  I see no GPU activity if I try Colorize and I see 24 thread utilizing 100% CPU for an extended period of time.  Colorize is not usable on my machine. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes, ir doesn't work anymore. An update bug? iworke once but now it does not wor: iam using version 24h.6 and the file is small: an jpg with 2000 x 1500 dimensions. please adobe fix this bug. this neural fiter is so useful!

2023-06-24_16-02-31.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How large is your file? It could be that it is taking a while to process. How long did you wait before you cancelled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin !

Thanks for your help.

The file has 40MB.

I do not cancel the process, Photoshop indicates that the operation is complete, but nothing changes in the photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin !

I reduced the file size to 7 MB and the filter worked. The problem was the size.
Thanks a lot for the help !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Problem, if you watch closely with the demo videos - the files sizes are significantly smaller than 40 MB. It's still a beta so best to keep expectations lower than if it were a finished solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you adding color? Clicking on the little picture on the right of the dialog box? If you are then try resetting your Preferences. Preferences>General>Reset Preferences on Quit.

Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 3.13.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 3.13.53 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Old thread.....but b&w photos also need to be in RGB mode for colorization to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines