• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop crashes and freezes

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever I try, which ever update I try, the latest PS will only start up with a beach ball and that ever since version 22.x

On a MBA 2020 Big Sur 11.4 I7 16GB

What I tried:

- deleted preferences

- uninstalled and reinstalled

- reverted to version 21.X well that worked but updating results in the same crash.

What to do next?

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Hi all,

We're sorry for the crash issue. Take a look at the following troubleshooting article and try the first 6 simple steps that can help you resolve most of the crash and freeze issues with Photoshop:  Troubleshoot crash or freeze | Photoshop

If that doesn't help then, take a look at the other troubleshooting tips section.

Let us know your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

I have students who are running into the same problems.

Does anyone know where I can find this script to run on a Windows PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 332 Replies 332
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UGH i have deleted and reinstalled 5 times! The app crashes as soon as I drag a file into it. HELP!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're sorry for the crash issue. Could you please install the latest version of Photoshop 22.3 and Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop and check if that helps to resolve the crash problem.

Also, on what step Photoshop is crashing for you? Submit the crash report along with your email address. Here's the article for the steps: https://adobe.ly/38U5QKP

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Sorry, Photoshop team, its not possible to work with new PS 2021, which keeps crashing in most unexpected times. Also, where is Chat option with Adobe Help team?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS version?

How much RAM and spare disk capacity do you have?

Have you tried resetting your Photoshop preferences, which you can do under the General tab in Photshop preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for quick reply, am i the only one with such problem? i will try to reset preferences.

Screenshot 2020-10-28 at 14.12.54.pngScreenshot 2020-10-28 at 14.20.05.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did reset preferences, its still crashing all the time. I really need your help, otherwise its really bad situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please my Photoshop 2021 beta  keeps hanging and closing itself anytime I open the pen tool don't know what is wrong nd my system Ram is 8g please what I do I need help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i reinstalled photoshop and now the crashing stopped THANK YOU SIR!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My PhotoShop keeps crashing all the time too now after the update. It's obviously I huge problem for many, many people. Please don't ignore this issue and chuck ut up to someone's independent issue and treat it like you respect your users that patronize Adobe's platform. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Diane McSwine Which version do you currently have installed? They fixed a lot of bugs with their latest update, v22.1.1. Make sure you are fully upgraded to that version and not just v22.1. Also, make sure your video card drivers are fully up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to tell what is the latest video card driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to tell what is the latest video card driver?

By @defaultah1wszvko76d

Depends on which video card you have. If you have an nVidia card, you can either go to their website and check (https://nvidia.com) or you can download the nVidia GeForce Experience and it will tell you when there's a new driver. If you have an AMD card, go to their website and check for the latest driver (https://amd.com).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HAVING the same issue!! So annoying!!! Contacted help and they were NO help at all!! Waited an hour on the phone with no response! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photoshop 2021 chrashes everytime i try to open it. It crashed like this before i updated from 2020. I had put t on another computer just prior to this...... could this be the reason?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you unistall Photoshop, using the drop-down menu in the Creative Cloud app, and reinstall Photoshop again. If that doesn't solve the problem then unistall it once again and then run Adobe Cleaner before reinstalling Photoshop again.

Here's a link to Cleaner: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an option that assistant remotelt connects to my computer to solve the issue? Otherwise all eork is on pause because of photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

install 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey, how its possible through official Creative cloud ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"run Adobe Cleaner before reinstalling Photoshop again."

and what next? I have the same problem with PS 2021/PC win 10. 
What should I clean if I uninstal PS justbefore? 

Piotr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where do we find adobe cleaner?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same!!!  Just updated iMac Pro to Mojave! Did the adobe updates, new PS 2020 opens, after 30 seconds it crashes automaticly!!! every time! What the hell!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So nobody has this problem?

PS/ILL 2021 keep crashing on OSX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do - On Pre/Ill/PS/ID - Reinstalle of previous versions hasn't helped either! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem with PS 2021. I'll be working right along and out of nowhere - CRASH. There is definitely some sort of bug.

Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 3.11.13 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-17 at 3.14.04 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines