• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop crashes on using enhance feature in camera raw.

Participant ,
Aug 14, 2024 Aug 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

Just updated to camera raw 16.5. If I open a dng file and right click> enhance, Photoshop crashes. I'm using win10 home. This is the first time I've used the enhance feature, so not sure if the error would happen on previous versions. Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 15, 2024 Aug 15, 2024

@paul190453 I can confirm that ACR version 16.5 crashes on my system using the enhance feature, Windows 11, Photoshop 25.11 with an RTX 3090, I wonder if Adobe pulled the update, checked for updates in the Creative Cloud app and version 16.5 is not showing now as an option.

Resetting ACR preferences didn't help

The download link seems to download version 16.4 instead of 16.5, so was able to revert back to version 16.4

2024-08-15 08_13_31-Camera Raw plug-in installer — Mozilla Firefox.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2024 Aug 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This runs entirely in your graphics processor (GPU), and that's what is crashing.

Please post the full Help > System Info so we can see your GPU configuration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Thank you for thye quick reply. Opening Photoshop>Help>system info as requested: (file attached)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@paul190453 I can confirm that ACR version 16.5 crashes on my system using the enhance feature, Windows 11, Photoshop 25.11 with an RTX 3090, I wonder if Adobe pulled the update, checked for updates in the Creative Cloud app and version 16.5 is not showing now as an option.

Resetting ACR preferences didn't help

The download link seems to download version 16.4 instead of 16.5, so was able to revert back to version 16.4

2024-08-15 08_13_31-Camera Raw plug-in installer — Mozilla Firefox.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ged. Did 16.4 fix the issue for you?

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@paul190453 yes it did, just download the installer and run it, it will overwrite the current installed version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ged...works fine now! Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ged_Traynor 

I just installed ACR 16.5 through the CC app, and all Enhance functions work as they should. Maybe they've replaced the 16.5 installer?

Also, just for the record, LrC 13.5 works fine.

acr.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@D Fosse when you go to this ACR download page, it clearly says version 16.5, but when you click on the link it actually downloads version 16.4, also if I check for updates it's not showing 16.5 as an option any longer, maybe it's because the CC app thinks I have 16.5 installed

Did you try a DNG file, that's where I had the crash

2024-08-15 13_07_48-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

2024-08-15 13_08_20-Adobe Photoshop 2024.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I routinely convert all my raw files to DNG, so that's what I tested.

As you can see from the splash screen I posted above, what I have installed now is v 16.5.0.1953.

I installed it directly from the CC desktop app, I haven't been to any download page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2024 Aug 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@paul190453 there was an update to ACR today that fixed the issue for me, version 16.5.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2024 Aug 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ChatGPT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2024 Aug 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@D Fosse not sure what you mean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ged_Traynor  Sorry, there was a chatGPT spam post there, it's removed now. I need to stop doing that, and just report them...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@D Fosse ah, no worries, you had me confused for a while 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines