• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop crashes while displaying welcome screen

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2007 Mar 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have developed a plug in for Photoshop. Once we have installed the same on target system, this customized welcome screen appears when we open photoshop. Now an attempt to close photoshop 'with the welcome screen still open results in a crash'. This welcome screen is a modal dialog, run on a thread.

I am not very comfortable with the idea of running this modal dialog on a thread. But, it has been implemented this way. I feel this is where things are going wrong.

Any tips or suggestions as to what can be wrong, or where i need to be looking to debug the same.

I have tried to debug the same, but in vain.

thanks in adavnce
TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2007 Mar 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
If you want a welcome screen you should make an automation plug-in that responds to first idle. You can probably get away with using a thread for your dialog. Make sure the thread does not communicate with the Photoshop. Have the thread talk to the main plug-in thread, the PluginMain routine that Photoshop called, if you need to use Photoshop call backs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines