• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Crashing On Print

New Here ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this issue with my newest printer for a while now, and it wasn't as big of a deal until my old printer finally died. Now, I have to use the new one all the time, and I can print one file, and then when I go to print the next, Photoshop crashes every single time. I run an small business so this is hindering my work so much as I print dozens of files a day. 

This never happened with my older printer. I have done everything I can think of. Uninstalled and Reinstalled the printer and the driver (manually)—uninstalled Photoshop. I am constantly deleting the entire preference folder. I've stopped and restarted the spooler. Nothing works. Just crashing on print every single time and no holding down the space bar before selecting print also does not work. 

Is there any fix to this problem in Windows? It has been an ongoing issue for years now. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure the email address you send crash reports generated by PS matches the email you log into these forums.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Im having exactly the same issue, did you find any solutions?  My Issue started also when I added a new printer Epson ET-2850, like you Epson cant help, Adobe Cant fix it for more that a day or so through Remote Assistance.  If I open a PSD file in Photoshop then save its as a JPEG I can print through windows, but its not a solution for me as I need photoshop to manage colours.  

Amanda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just come across an answer from another member which worked for me

Immediately after launching photoshop do CTRL+ALT+SHIFT,  then YES

I could then open the file and print, its probably not a long term fix, but it helps if your in a hurry to get things printed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Amanda 1 

take a look at the following article and check if that helps: 
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/printing-color-management-photoshop1.html

You may like to re-install the printer drivers to check if that makes a difference?

Here is some general Adobe [Mac and Win] info on printing problems,
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-printing-problems.html
Simple reset: hold the space bar when you open the print window. It resets the print dialogs

- - - - - - - -
If that doesn’t help -
Here is some troubleshooting advice:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html\

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net - adobe forum volunteer - co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines