• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop crashing when using Camera Raw or a filter (windows NVIDIA driver issue)

Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time i use camera raw, or a filter in photoshop 2023 (24.1) crush
I tried to unistall, to re-download the old version, but nothing seems to work

Federico5E73_0-1673220859326.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2023 Jul 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See your other thread. It's probably not DNG in itself that matters here, but the type of data contained within that DNG.

I'll just come right out and say it: Ryzen systems have for a long time seemed to me over-represented in this type of problems. I don't have any hard statistics to back that up, just a subjective impression. But there are very few cases on Intel systems.

Some Ryzen users have reported that a BIOS update corrected these crashing problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case anyone else runs into this (I am running an NVidia), because some of the newer updates cause the NVidia drivers to not cooperate with Photoshop....

Go to Edit > Preferences > Performance... and uncheck "Use GPU". Then restart Photoshop.

It may be slower but so far has not yet crashed for me since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT Tech here. We had a user with this issue. 

We did a lot of texting (rolling back version ect). 

The main fix for us was the NVIDA drivers for this user were miles out of date. 

We downloaded the GeForce app and installed all the drivers it suggested (basically the 'gaming' ones). 

It then all worked as it should. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, good to know - but the general advice is to use the studio driv.er, not the game driver. The GeForce Experience app is also known to cause problems. You don't need it.

But as long as it works... 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines