• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS2 Download link

LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2016 Aug 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks as if Adobe have finally withdrawn the opportunity to download Photoshop CS2 media. The old URL now leads to a purchase page for Creative Cloud

Adobe Creative Cloud desktop apps | Adobe Creative Cloud

So it looks as if anyone now unable to activate CS2 is up the creek without a paddle.I suppose its a good thing as nobody here really knew for sure the legality of telling early version Photoshop users to download it, but its a bit rough on anyone who spent $1000 buying it ten years ago as they are forced to now move on and spend some more money. If anyone has the old URL for the download to hand could you try it to confirm if I am correct?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 15, 2016 Aug 15, 2016

CS2 can still be downloaded from

Download Adobe Acrobat 7 and Adobe Creative Suite 2 products​

That links bypasses the incorrect links in the Adobe Help article which you are referring to.

The incorrect links at Error: "Activation Server Unavailable" | CS2, Acrobat 7, Audition 3 were reported to, and acknowledged by Adobe, a few days ago. I'm pessimistic that they'll ever be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot download the full free edition og CS2 - does anyone know anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

For download links you'll need to Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2019 Jun 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No man, doesnt work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as of this date, Sun 15 Sep 2019, the link you have provided doesn't work for downloading PS CS2 anymore! (or maybe i'm missing something there?)

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs2-product-downloads.html?promoid=19SCDRQK

it's all about PS CC now ...

and it's quite understandable too:

although later versions of the PS are much better than the CS2 in many ways, CS2 on its own is still quite usable for MANY people (quite a number of professionals included) who don't want the more advanced (and often cosmetic mostly) updates/upgrades of the later versions of the PS ...

and that means the sales for CC will go down badly and Adobe will truly go bankrupt as the PS (any version) is its highest selling product, along with the LR perhaps ... (yes, other Adobe products such as ID and Il etc are also just fine, but PS is what makes Adobe rich really!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been trying that link for ages. It does not work. Very disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The download link for that has changed and is now

Download Adobe Acrobat 7 and Adobe Creative Suite 2 products

If you are using that page try a different browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you.

will be fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as of Sun 15 Sep 2019, that link doesn't work the way you said really!

the "use a different browser" trick doesn't work either: it's all about subscription (and pay!) to CC now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, refers to this topic: I want to Download Digitally

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no it doesnt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is changing how their customers can access Adobe software and what is available.  Adobe also seem to be changing their End of Life procedure Adobe software end-of-life procedure

You may want to contact Adobe Customer Support they may state your out of luck.   User's here do not work for Adobe and even if we have copies of what you want it would not be legal for us to give you a copy.  All we can legally do is provide you with Adobe linkes we know about where software can be download.  Most have been removed in the past few days. You have to deal directly with Adobe to get their software. 

Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop will only Install Photoshop CC 2019 versions of Photoshop the is very bad news.   CC 2019 has so many bugs and Adobe seem to be stating we are not longer authorized  to use older versions.  If Adobe start to enforce that it will break many user work-flow and they will no longer be able to get some work done.

Contact Adobe.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 5/8/2019 the download links and serial numbers for Creative Suite 2 and Acrobat 7 are no more accessible.

The link https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/creative-suite-2-activation-end-life.html redirects to standard download page for Creative Cloud, Photoshop Elements and recent version of Acrobat DC.

The tech guy from Adobe Support said me that the links are "temporarily" not available but cannot give me info when will be available again.

But CS3 download page still works. Why the page for CS2 was removed? No idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here's what i got after clicking on the link you have provided here:

"Access to this community or content is restricted. If you think this is a mistake, please contact your administrator or the person who directed you here."
that happened even though Adobe's website itself did assign me a temporary user name based on my Google credentials!

https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7042

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a new laptop that doesn't have a CDROM drive. I want to install my old version of Adobe Creative Suite 2 Premium (student licensing) but need to be able to download the software since I can't use the discs I have. I followed the link provided in this forum, signed into my account, and checked My Plans, but nothing is there. I can't proceed beyond that step. I don't recall if my software was even registered all those years ago. I'm aware that Adobe is no longer supporting my old software, but I was told that a staff member would help me through this forum. I need help downloading and installing CS2 since I have no desire to pay for a subscription -- the old version suits my needs. Can someone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy the installation files from your CD to a USB key, and install. Or purchase an external USB DVD drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot use the CD installer, as it requires activation and Adobe has turned off the activation servers. Unless you already have the non-activated version, it will not work at all. You must move to the subscription version of change to something like Photoshop Elements or one of the many third-party image editors out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, true. Wasn't thinking straight.

Yes, time to update or switch to an alternative like Affinity Photo, PhotoLine, Gimp, or Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was annoyed to have to rent software, effectively holding work I produce with it for ransom monthly; but to rent software that actually gets worse over time, that was the last straw.  I've used Photoshop since 2.5 on Mac OS 7.5.5, but I switched to Luminar and Affinity a couple years ago and I've not looked back.  I found this thread trying to help a friend install an old CS suite, looks like she's at the mercy of Customer Service.

Hope it worked out better for you!

Christopher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running 12 year old software will get you in trouble everywhere, so I honestly don't see what the big surprise is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spreading fear? That's really not true, you know. A lot of people still use abandoned software when there really is no new replacement. Also, I've gone back to using older versions of software a number of times... upon realizing that the newer version makes me less productive. The load times alone on recent versions of some software are ludicrous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, mr. Adobe Community Professional. I'll respectfully say that you're full of s##t.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the first link that popped up on Google search, so I am posting here. I searched around for CS2 downloads, only to get mixed checksums, which sends up a lot of red flags for me. So, I decided to try Photoshop Elements, which has a 30 day trial. It appears to have everything that I need including text effects (drop shadows, etc.), layers, grid, preset shapes, cartoon callouts and several new things that CS2 didn't have. For about $100, I think it looks like what I am switching to and I don't need a subscription for it. I don't really need Premiere, since I don't edit videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its still available, but not easy to get to. I bought CS2 forever ago. I only use it occasionally, so I've never bothered to upgrade to the monthly subscription.

In any case, if you navigate to the following page, it will show a cached version of the page back from 2018:
https://web.archive.org/web/20180608013642/https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs2-product-dow...

If you do a View Source of that page and search for the product, e.g. Photoshop; you'll find in there the links to the actual files. It turns out the actual files are archived as well.

For example, the following is for Photoshop CS2 for Windows:
https://web.archive.org/web/20180623114252/http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/magic/creativesuite/C...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread is four years old and since then non-activation CS2 and CS3 is no longer available for download. The original retail discs can no longer be activated. If you do not want the subscription, Photoshop Elements or other third party software can do the trick. With that this thread is locked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines