• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5 - Aplication error - (0xc000001d)

New Here ,
May 03, 2010 May 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Master Collection CS5 and all aplications starts but Photoshop CS5 got start error:

PSCS5 error.png

Got Windows 7 and CS4 was running fine. I uninstalled CS4 but nothing changed for better.

Help please!

All my Admin permissions are full! I'm only user of my PC and set my PC to Admin=User.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 30, 2010 Jun 30, 2010

Hi everyone,

We just posted an update that includes addressing this issue. You can get the update from Photoshop's Help> Updates...

Alternatively, you can go to this link to download an installer:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4733

You should no longer see the application error on launch. Because the chipsets that throw this error don't support SSE2 instruction sets, GPU features and 3D features in Ps CS5 Extended will not work.

Regards,
steve

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 259 Replies 259
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2010 Sep 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hhitesh wrote:

well the error message displayed in the scrteen

shot is specifically related to the graphic card configuration.

please note photoshop cs5 suppot only open gl graphic cards which are available from nvidia.

to check your graphic card configuration kindly run dxdiag in your run and then select display tab from the top.

I hope you're just confusing Premiere Pro CS5 with Ps CS5. Ps CS5 supports GPU features on a variety of chipsets (nVidia, ATI/AMD, Intel).

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3143341#3143341 (faq on nVidia cards supporting GPU-acceleration for Mercury Playback Engine in Premiere Pro)

BTW, the error message 3posts above says nothing about graphics cards, just that the update installation failed with errors. The OP that you replied to also doesn't mention graphic card configuration, and is related to the SSE2 support of the CPU chipset.

thx,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 09, 2010 Nov 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the patch and now getting an error about my hardware.

CS5 don't run - however I will run and skip the CS5.

Spending so much time trying to make it work is ridiculous.

Googling the problem and realizes that it is not only CS5 but also other Adobe programs with similar problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2010 Nov 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please manually install updates i.e 12.0.1 for Photoshop CS5 from Adobe.com page and it should resolve your issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2010 Dec 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for this great update!

The update has fixed my Problem (and my processor is quite old )

Nice Work!

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2011 Jan 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a fix for the same issue

1) Update windows

2) Install Photoshop 12.0.3 udpate

this both will Surely fix your problem realted with   Photoshop CS5 - Aplication error - (0xc000001d)

Deepika

Adobe Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2011 Feb 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the same problem 0xc000001d right now.

I know the answer: update to 12.0.1 but it is impossible to me to do that because I not have yet running any version of Photoshop. I first downloaded the trail version (which is version 12.0.0 !!!) So I cannot update to 12.0.1 before I have run the program almost one time. And the downloaded version not runs at all.

Error(version).jpg

Where I can dowload the whole Photoshop CS5 version in the last version.

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

French-power wrote:

I cannot update to 12.0.1 before I have run the program almost one time.

Of course you can.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4949

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Noel's suggestion is the most direct way to get at the Ps update. But if you want another method, you can launch Bridge CS5 and then go to Help> Updates... That should launch Adobe Application Manager which will also check for updates and run them.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2011 Mar 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. The first link you provided to the update isn't available anymore, it just redirects me to the Adobe Products page and the URL says "notFound=?".

Is that link some posts above me the update I'm supossed to download and install? Also, I don't quite understand the instructions, you're telling us to download and install the upgrade by going into Photoshop CS5 and go to its Help, but I can't even launch it. Could you make it a bit more clear on what link should I use and what's the procedure?

Thanks, I have PS CS5 Trial and Anthlon 2800 2.1 GHz on a Windows XP SP3 machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2011 Mar 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the last two posts above yours in this thread.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines