• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5 Clipboard Issue (Win 7)

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2010 Sep 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a copy of PS CS5 installed and i can only paste an image that i copied from before the program was started. When Ps is already started and I copy an image and try to paste it in PS it will paste the image I copied before I started the program not the one I just copied...

It's a pretty annoying situation... not being able to copy and paste once the program is running. I have to shut it down, start it up again to paste the image I want...

Anybody a solution?

I work on: Win 7 ultimate 64 bit - i7 - 8 gigs ram

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 16, 2010 Oct 16, 2010

i had exactly the same issue with clipboard in PS CS5 described by David Dobish above. I solved it by removing Selective Tool (64 bit) Pluging from NIK SOFTWARE. Now clipboard works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 305 Replies 305
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2011 Dec 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

vpham606 wrote:

when going to File --> New  --> and select the preset of “Clipboard”.  CS5.1 generates the file with the size of the image that I’m pasting, but it is a blank layer or whatever the background contents setting.  Another cntrl + v is required to actually bring the image on this layer. 

This is exactly how it's supposed to work.

That said, there are problems with doing File - New, using the Clipboard preset, then pasting the clipboard into the new image IF you do it all from within an action.  I created such an action so that I could have a one-keypress way to make a new document from the clipboard.  You can sometimes get Photoshop to say "Can't do it because of a problem with the color engine".  This is almost perfectly reproducible if you copy an image with only grayscale in it.

I don't know if this could related to any problems generally seen with accessing the clipboard. 

I *DO* know that whatever planetary alignment I live under, I've not personally seen a failure to be able to paste the contents of the clipboard into Photoshop for a VERY long time, no matter whether I run Photoshop for a long editing session.  Is this because I use it differently than others?  Because I have different plug-ins?  Because my display driver happens to be less buggy?  Who can say?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have the Universe's pass to ignore Mercury retrograde!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer was just completely rebuilt. It's very vanilla win7. The problem persists.

And the biggest irritant is that Adobe continues to say it's a Windows bug. Yet, I can't copy paste into Paint, Office, really anywhere BUT Photoshop (and Illustrator.)

I've tried all the fixes everyone mentions. Anything that "works" just seems to behave differently for short periods of time.

I aree it's very annoying. And it makes me wish that Photoshop had some genuine competition...because I'd be so gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2011 Dec 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to let folks know, these clipboard issues are NOT only related to PhotoShop.  I have similar problems with the old Adobe PhotoDeluxe program.  No other photo editing program I have -- and I have numerous -- has a clipboard issue.  Only Adobe.  It seems is some type of systemic issue with Adobe, maybe a programming / code conflict with programs, something that has continued for years.  Also, you can copy a .jpg from some site and paste it to all other editing program, but not into Adobe.  The clipboard error comes up.  However, if you then copy the .jpg from that photo editing program, it will paste into Adobe without the clipboard issue.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I consistently copy images from the web, open PS, make a canvas, hit Ctrl-V and the image drops in.

A systemic code error would be consistent and affect all the apps, not a select few.

IMO, anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2011 Dec 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the problem in Illustrator as well. I don't have anything else that I'd paste into from Adobe. But I'd agree it does seem to be across products.

FWIW, I had to have my machine rebuilt about two weeks ago and on an entirely vanilla install with only Visual Studio, Photoshop and Illustrator, on Win7, I still have the same problem.

It's blatantly obvious to me that the problem's origin is Adobe, not Microsoft and it seems crazy to me to see people trying to blame MS. If it were MS, other apps would have clipboard trouble....and they don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look, It's unreasonable to fix blame on such information. Instead, why not simply post the problem as you experience it along with a reasonably comprehensive list of your setup and leave it at that?  When has fixing blame by a client ever worked? It doesn't even when the struggle is internal to the organization.

I have a similar situation between Adobe and DXO. Who's to "blame"? "Not I" says each other. But the new DXO Pro 7 does not show the problem. I think the real answer is which organization will take it up and fix it from their end, even if no other reason exists to do that work.

IMO, anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 20, 2012 Jan 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I've had this problem for a while now, but have been using workarounds,

(am in a Web Design with Dreamweaver class, and started doing graphic mockups for a new project I'm starting),

finally today I got totally pi$$ed off with the copy 'n' paste problem, so I decided to research it a bit, and found this thread.

For me, the culprit DOES appear to be the NIK Software, BUT, not only the ones mentioned in this Thread already, I only have Viveza2 and SilverEfexPro2 installed.

I have to add the .cfg file on offer a couple of pages ago, AND have to disable the SilverEfexPro2 folder and restart PS, then the copy 'n' paste is back.

I tried adding that .cfg file to the Silver Efex Pro 2 folder, but no joy.

Pity, I also do Photography, and use that Plugin.

Oh, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

And @ whoever it was that keeps blaming the JDownloader for messing up the clipboard:

I have JDownloader running 24/7, whether I am downloading something or not, it's NOT the problem here,

after disabling the aforementioned folder, PS works just fine alongside JDownloader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would hope that JDownloader has fixed the problem by now.  It was definitely a problem in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just lettin' ya know...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2013 Feb 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont have any problem with JDownloader and any Plugin with Paste function on Photoshop. The only problem is, my new PC with clean Install Win Pro 7 x64 with 10Gbs RAM with NO Plugin and NO Java Installed, NO Junk Startup, CAN NOT PASTE on Photoshop. but Paste working fine on Corel x64 and Freehand except on PHOTOSHOP neither x86 nor x64.

------

Okay, the problem solved by activating the hidden administrator with net user and delete the previous administrator user, kind of weird that photoshop can not run properly as administrator user. After 3 hours usage, it comes back hahaha.. so frustrating, now what should i do, because there is no more-powerfull user in this windows haha. It make me sick. I'm using CS6 by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And frankly, as I have read through the replies to this issue, it seems that for some odd, incomprehensible reason there are posters on here that seem incapablre of even considering, much less accepting, that maybe Adobe and its programs are the problem adn creating this problem, not other programs, hardware or other things that are creating conflicts with Adobe.  When all other programs work fine together and the problem only occcurs with Adobe, it seems pretty intuitive and LOGICAL that the problem is within ADOBE, not anywhere else. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you try having PS open first and then copying and pasting?  Too, it might be a coding conflict between Adobe and not all websites, just some.  But, the fact that it only happens to me using Adobe, and an Adobe program that is NOT PhotoShop, points directly to Adobe as the problem.  But,as I say, some people simply cannot even consider that Adobe itself might be the culprit.  Bizarre behavior.  I think there is a psychology study in there somewhere!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you know I don't? Methinks there is a psychological study here.

FYI, I have approached it from many different points of view. In general PS is almost always open and minimized. So I tried it from the minimized condition. I have closed it, reopened it and tried it, I have rebooted and tried it. PS open, copy and paste. PS closed, copy, open PS and paste. I have -0- problems here.

I'm running Win7 64 Ultimate. I haven't tried it in XP but I can. In any case, doing a copy and paste from the web to PS has been a common practice for eons for me, with nary a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We understand that you haven't seen the problem Hudechrome -- I don't think it's necessary for you to tell us all the different ways you haven't seen the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He asked, I answered. It wasn't addressed to you..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I'm using that ancient, decrepit Windows XP.  I'm not that advanced that I just had to have Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate.

Oh, and is there the simply old cut, copy and paste feature that ADOBE has omitted here on this forum?  Nice of Adobe, however, to give the users emoticons on the task bar.  Very useful.  Of course, it's probably my poor XP operating system, or some other program, that is interfering with Adobe and preventing me from cutting, copying and pasting.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I'll give it a try on XP and get back to you. I assume you are running XP Sp3, and all later updates are installed.

I am really not trying to explain anything so far as why, only adding my experinece to the mix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just try to stick to explaining why this same clipboard issue happens with two Adobe photo editing programs that are over a decade separated from each other and different. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

noscreenname4me wrote:

Just try to stick to explaining why this same clipboard issue happens with two Adobe photo editing programs that are over a decade separated from each other and different.

I can think of a number of reasons.  Mostly it sounds like something on your SYSTEM is affecting the pasting of large sets of image data from the clipboard in some way that affects Adobe software.  Where are you copying the images from?

I do think it's important to establish that the problem doesn't affect everyone.  No one's trying to tell you it's a non-problem or that we don't believe you; if anything we're trying to let you know there's hope for it to work properly on your system because it's been seen to work properly elsewhere.  For what it's worth, I personally experienced the clipboard problem with Photoshop years ago with XP; I just don't have it now (and I haven't had it since Vista was released).  Is it Adobe's fault?  Probably, at least in part.  But they're clearly not fixing it - they're milking their cash cow for all she's worth - so we as users have to try to work around it.  One way is to update your operating system to modern standards.

Please keep in mind that there are some very good bona fide reasons Microsoft has released new major versions of their operating systems...  They have corrected many problems and limitations under the covers that plagued the old systems.  Would you complain that the air conditioner in your 1968 Falcon doesn't work as well as those in new cars?  I'm not sure what reasoning you're using to continue justifying running XP; it's clearly not working that well for you.

-Noel

P.S., Think about this:  Adobe develops these apps for both Mac and PC.  They started on Mac, and their focus is still pretty strongly on Mac (and only on the latest systems).  On the PC side, there are multiple different operating sytems they have to consider:  XP, Vista, and Windows 7 (and right now, probably Windows 8 as well).  Given all this, do you really think they spend a lot of time worrying how things work for you on the oldest of all these - XP?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Noel states.

I did run the test on XP and your theory failed there as well. So, at least on one machine, running separate, different OS's (XP and Win7 ) I failed to replicate the problem, and in falsification testing, all you need is for the theory to fail once, even if it has not failed for thousands of times. This is done to establish validity of the theory so that further explorations do not go up blind alleys.

So if I were to attempt to take it further, I would have to replicate your system exactly and then attempt to find a cause For your system.  This is not going to happen here, so you need to do it your self. I know it's tedious, even quite difficult, without the proper tools to evaluate outcomes.

One thing I would try, and that is a fresh installation of XP, all updates, then install CS5 and run the test again. Keep adding programs until it fails then try you may have to make up your mind as to what to keep. Keep the machine off line and run the test without AV running or installed.

You can obtain online help from MS experts to dig into details, but with the age of XP and it's imminent demise from MS support (my guess? release of Win 8) this is going to be a stretch.

Or you might get lucky and score big ! If you do, let us know.

Good luck!

Lawrence

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hudechrome wrote:

...with the age of XP and it's imminent demise from MS support (my guess? release of Win 8)...

You already can't buy it, and mainstream support ended back in 2009, but Microsoft will still send out extended support updates until 2014.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/products/lifecycle

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I do run XP on the Dell workstation (ca 2005) and my SO is loathe to even upgrade Firefox!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The whole discussion of XP vs Win7 is a red herring. If you read the entire thread, there are many who have this problem on Win7 as well as XP. It’s not the OS, it is something else. I’ve had to fix this on every version of Photoshop back to CS2, on OS’s going back to Windows 98. I don’t run any add-ins other than what comes with Photoshop, and with CS5 it was significantly harder to get the clipboard to work (the registry hack did not immediately help). After struggling with my problem here for quite a long time, I gave up and started using Paint as an intermediary. Without changing anything, I forgot to use Paint one day and discovered my Photoshop clipboard was working. I have no idea why functionality was restored, but it has remained functional for many months now.

All of my CS5 clipboard issues took place on Windows 7 64-bit. It’s not the OS – it’s something else.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probably somethings (plural), which is why the "problem" is so elusive.

It's a bit like saying "my engine doesn't start sometimes".  The symptom is clear, but the problem could be many different things (or, as I suspect in this case, a combination of several different things).

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines