• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5 Clipboard Issue (Win 7)

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2010 Sep 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a copy of PS CS5 installed and i can only paste an image that i copied from before the program was started. When Ps is already started and I copy an image and try to paste it in PS it will paste the image I copied before I started the program not the one I just copied...

It's a pretty annoying situation... not being able to copy and paste once the program is running. I have to shut it down, start it up again to paste the image I want...

Anybody a solution?

I work on: Win 7 ultimate 64 bit - i7 - 8 gigs ram

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 16, 2010 Oct 16, 2010

i had exactly the same issue with clipboard in PS CS5 described by David Dobish above. I solved it by removing Selective Tool (64 bit) Pluging from NIK SOFTWARE. Now clipboard works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 305 Replies 305
Engaged ,
Dec 13, 2011 Dec 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also use Paint, for screen capture. It is faster than CS5 for obtaining and prepring a screen shot for duscussion. But the functionality of CS5 for copy and paste remains solid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2012 Jan 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I figured it out (for me at least).

Thanks to Interceptor_One! He gave me the hint.

I had NIK Color Effex Pro installed, uninstalled it -> Copy + Paste etc. works fine.

Actually I think NIK Software is buggy as hell

Greez,

Mazeme

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2012 Jan 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I am experiencing the same exact bug.

Pasting from the clipboard stops working after a certain time. I am also running Windows 7 64bit, Photoshop 64bit, and have 8 GIGs of ram installed. My pasting from the clipboard stops working after a few hours of designing. Pasting in from illustrator, screen caps etc. Obvisouly this  issue is with photoshop and or memory. When the pasting from the clipboard stops working I can't even paste in text into photoshop! Even if I clear the clipboard and all history within photoshop.

Ironically, whatever I have I can still paste in Illustrator CS5. So how could it be a windows clipboard issue? Wondering if this is an obscure bug or what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fcastro75 wrote:

Hi everyone, I am experiencing the same exact bug.

Have you tried removing any plug-ins you might have installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not running any plugins aside from the stock photoshop ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks to all the posts above.  I tried all of them.  Photoshop CS5 32 bit does not have the problem.  I never noticed that because I always use 64 bit.

The only solution that restored the paste function was to completely remove the NIK presets folder from the "Adobe Photoshop CS5 (64 Bit)/Plug-ins" folder. 

NIK has a problem with their 64 bit support!

Hope this helps.

Guy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2012 Feb 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont have any NIK presets folder and i get this issue. Its really freaking annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2012 Feb 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This whole clipboard issue is a huge CF. I don't use any plugins and have the same problems. I have resolved myself to the fact that Adobe will probably never fix it. Mostly because they want to point the blame somewhere else - even though that every app on my system works with the clipboard perfectly and consistently.

::face palm::

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2012 Feb 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. When I disable OpenGL Drawing (Edit - Preference - un check Enable OpenGL Drawing) I can copy & paste normaly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting - that would mean that something in your OpenGL driver is causing problems for the clipboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all the solutions in this thread.  The only one that works consistently is removing the NIK plugins entirely.  I bundled all the NIK plugins in the plugin subdirectory into one subdirectory named "NIK".  When I need to use the clipboard I simply move the "NIK" directory out of the photoshop plugin directory.  I moved all the non photoshop plug ins including "NIK" into the auxiliary plugin directory. 

I haven't gone so far as to try to identify which of the NIK modules have the problem.  I'll probably leave that up to the NIK folk.

Guy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked with Nik to see if they have an update that fixes the bug in their plugins?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I downloaded and installed all the latest updates.  NIK claims it isn't their problem.  I have a lot of plugins:

Digimarc

EPP_Pro

FocalPoint 2.0.plugin

FocusMagic.plugin

OnOne

Panels

Photomatix

Topaz

NIK isn't in right now because I need to use the clipboard.

I don't want to go back and undo all the registry fixes I made but that might show some interaction with the clipboard.  Right now I am happy I have a solution that works consistently and is repeatable.

Guy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem goes away when the Nik plugins are disabled - yeah, that should be a clue that it's their bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, more like that's a clue hat there is a bug. The rest is circumstantial. Seems to me, anyway. However, the impetus lies with Nik, as they want their software to operate as a plug-in to Photoshop. The clash my very well be unavoidable.

Correct me if I am in error, but Nik's software will function without Photoshop, so it may be a case of unfortunate circumstances.

I would hate to be a judge having to decide who's at fault. Sounds like a messy divorce case. Maybe the two should never have gotten together in the first place!

Maybe we need to get past the idea of a "bug". Just where is that critter and where did it take up residence?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2012 Feb 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At first I thought the problem was with how Adobe wrote the plug-in interface specification.  That's why I consolidated each vendor's plug-ins in their own sub directory.  That made it easier to move the plug-ins in and out of the Photoshop plug-in directory. 

I was surprised after the 3+ years of posts on this problem that NIK was the only one that consistently creates the problem.  So NIK does have a problem with one or more of their plug-ins. 

That is not to say there isn't some interaction with one or more of the registry fixes outlined in these posts.  I applied them all.  It could be that one or more of the registry patches fixed problems with other vendors.  In that case then Adobe shares part of the problem.

Now that I have a solution that works, I have no further incentive to help trouble shoot vendor problems. 

Guy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2012 Feb 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GuyJr wrote:

At first I thought the problem was with how Adobe wrote the plug-in interface specification.

In a certain sense, this actually could be considered part of the root cause...

What I mean by that is that Photoshop allows plug-ins to run in its address space.  Basically, at its core a plug-in is just a subprogram that Photoshop calls.  This is powerful.  But with great power comes great responsibility not to screw up the parent environment!

I think a lot of problems come from the observation that plug-in writers always seem to want to do more than they're allowed to do within the plug-in SDK, by tinkering with that host environment...  Things like put their own menus up, open new panels, and a whole host of other things they think will differentiate their product from the crowd.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nik isn't exactly a newcomer, so you might think they would get the facts straight.

It's interesting that, of all the alternate photo editing software out there, DxO might want to be a plug-in but they studiously avoid that, thankfully. But even there, DxO open and Bridge open, if you drag from Bridge to DxO, Bridge goes down.

It's also interesting that reindeer graphics has plug-ins for PS, but they show up under a different Menu than the others do. They have never been a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hudechrome wrote:

It's also interesting that reindeer graphics has plug-ins for PS, but they show up under a different Menu than the others do. They have never been a problem.

Where do they show up, exactly?

Different types of plug-ins do go in different places...  For example, Automation plug-ins go in the File - Automate menu.  Filter plug-ins - the ones we most often think of - of course go in the FIlter menu. Submenus are sanctioned.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Reindeer Graphics plug-in, Select Edges, opens under Select. I don't know about the others.

Just looked at their website, which is incomplete at the moment. Of interest is, under Optiplex, a function called refocus, which they say is not the same as sharpening. They both use deconvolution. I believe they were the folks that led me to Richardson-Lucy. The only images where I could actually use it were my Tech Pan images, which are on a micrograin stock. The results, back around the turn of the millennia, if not earlier, showed gonzo sharpening!

Hmmmm.....refocus. I could use that!

I could not get anywhere else as the site is incomplete.

I have to re-investigate their products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 26, 2012 Feb 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem... tried the registry approach, but not still not working.

PS CS 5.1 x64 doesn'y like the clipboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IgorDR, read this entire (dauntingly huge) thread.  You'll find there are several reasons people have found it can fail, not least of which is the presence of Nik plug-ins.  Do you have those?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's exactly my case, I have the latest Nik plugins installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please remove them and check again. If Clipboard works, add them back one at a time annd see if there is one culprit, then get back here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 31, 2012 Mar 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I remved all the Nik plugins and the clipboard restarts working correctly
  2. I downloaded all the latest versions
  3. Then, I installed Silver Efex Pro and it still works
  4. Then, I installed Viveza and it still works
  5. Then, I installed Color Efex Pro and it STOPPED WORKING

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines