• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5 Clipboard Issue (Win 7)

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2010 Sep 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a copy of PS CS5 installed and i can only paste an image that i copied from before the program was started. When Ps is already started and I copy an image and try to paste it in PS it will paste the image I copied before I started the program not the one I just copied...

It's a pretty annoying situation... not being able to copy and paste once the program is running. I have to shut it down, start it up again to paste the image I want...

Anybody a solution?

I work on: Win 7 ultimate 64 bit - i7 - 8 gigs ram

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 16, 2010 Oct 16, 2010

i had exactly the same issue with clipboard in PS CS5 described by David Dobish above. I solved it by removing Selective Tool (64 bit) Pluging from NIK SOFTWARE. Now clipboard works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 305 Replies 305
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2010 Sep 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the step when you do a print screen and you create new.  What is the image size dimensions?  Are they the size of your screen?  For example my screen resolution is 1680x1050.

If it is not the size of your screen resolution then the print screen did not copy the contents to the clipboard correctly.

Just a thought.  Not really sure what is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the size of the image that was in my clipboard before I opened PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That indicates that the print screen button did not copy the bits to the clipboard. Do you have another app that can accept the paste?  I am wondering what gets pasted in another app after you do a print screen.  If a different app does not paste the correct thing that indicates a hardware problem.  Do you have a different keyboard you could try? If it is a laptop, try plugging in a external keyboard via USB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already explained this in the discussion, other apps can get to the clipboard information fine also while PS is running. It is not a keyboard issue. (I already tested with an external bluetooth keyboard).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2010 Sep 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been travelling on business, and have not had a chance to participate in this discussion for a few days...

For clarity, all applications correctly access the clipboard, including Photoshop 32 bit.  However, Photoshop 64bit can only access the last item on the clipboard before Photoshop64 bit started.

Example: With Photoshop 64bit not opened, I copy Image A to the clipboard.  I then open Photoshop 64bit.  Because I opened Photoshop after putting Image A on the clipboard, it will correctly paste.  Then (with Photoshop still open) I copy Image B to the clipboard.  I follow that with Image C, and then Image D.  All other applications can correctly access the last item on the clipboard, while Photoshop can only still access just Image A.  Then if I close and re-open Photoshop, it will correcly access Image D (but not any subsequent items on the clipboard).

Again, this is only an issue with the 64bit version.  Photoshop 32bit works fine with the clipboard.  I know the clipboard works for some and not for others like me.  Since those of us who are experiencing this isse all have different computer builds, I can't help but assume that there is some issue with Photoshop.

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2010 Sep 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah like I said before, exactly the same here. One question though have you ever installed or used/using a piece of software with the name: "Vista Flip 3D Activator" ? Or "Switcher" for that matter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many things are duplicated/replicated in a 64 bit OS, to maintain 32 bit compatibility.  It's more complicated than just having "one" clipboard, for example, and so it's possible some application or piece of software could have the 64 bit clipboard tied up while the 32 bit clipboard is not.  Search for "WOW64" online to get an inkling of the complexity that's been put into Windows to handle this.

In fact, that it works in one realm and not the other tends to point the finger at 64 bit software doing the bad deed, so if you're still looking for the culprit it may well be that you can concentrate more on the 64 bit apps.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the new version of Microsoft Office (2010 edition), Word is 64 bit I guess? Can anyone confirm that? I see no *32 sign by the WINWORD.exe in task manager so I guess it's 64 bit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the new Word is a 64-bit application, I can say that the clipboard works flawless in the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something I haven't seen in this discussion, and want to make sure of:  have you installed the 12.0.1 update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What haven't you seen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

Yes, my version is the updated one (12.0.1).  And in another similar thread to this one, others with upgraded systems are experienceing the same problem.

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, if you're on 12.0.1 that rules out things we already fixed in 12.0.1.

So there is some remaining 64 bit specific clipboard issue that we'll need to investigate.

But it doesn't sound like it affects everyone, everytime - so it may take a while, or may depend on other software that we don't have installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2010 Sep 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here also version 12.0.1 (with the clipboard problem)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never had it since I installed a Clipboard Manager. (Clipmate)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

Did you have the problem before you installed the Clipboard Manager?  If so, that might be the clue to solve this problem.

Thanks,

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nickpudar wrote:

John,

Did you have the problem before you installed the Clipboard Manager?

I did but that was back in CS2 or 3

You could try a free trial to see what happens.

http://www.thornsoft.com/clipmate7.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

Unfortunately, the Clipmate product does not work in 64 bit environments.

Thanks,

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 21, 2010 Sep 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nickpudar wrote:

Unfortunately, the Clipmate product does not work in 64 bit environments.

It works fine on my Windows 7 Professional 64-bit OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2010 Sep 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

You're right -- I miss-read the ClipMate FAQ.  It runs as a 32 bit application, and then it goes on to say that some features of Windows Internet Explorer 64 bit mode don't work properly with ClipMate.  So I did not feel like it would help putting yet another application on my computer.  I'll have to try it to see, unless someone else who is experiencing the problem tries first.

Thanks,

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2010 Oct 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does seem to be a Windows 64-bit version issue. I copy an image from a Web page. I can paste it easily into MS Paint, for example, so I know nothing is preventing the image from being copied to the clipboard. However, PhotoShop is showing nothing on the clipboard. When creating a new file, the option to size the document for the clipboard is grayed out.

Clearly something is preventing PhotoShop 64-bit from seeing the clipboard.

-wick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2011 Jan 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everybody is just discussing here but anyone found any solution or not yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read through the thread:

For newer versions of Photoshop (e.g., CS5) some plug-ins by a particular company were identified as interfering with the clipboard.

For older versions of Photoshop there's a built-in limit to the size of the clipboard it will import, unless a particular registry value is added.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Z800 Workstation, 8 Core machine, with 12GB Ram and everything on top with windows 7 64 bit, i dont feel any built-in limit here, about plugin i am not sure, is there anyway i can fix the issue as you said by adding registyr value, btw i am using CS5 and specilly i cant copy paste from illustrator which i could a week back, this is really weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2011 Mar 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strangest thing happened today. I installed an extra plugin (knoll light factory) alongside my two already installed ones (alien skin exposure en alien skin blow up) an as by magic the issue is gone... I now can copy and paste as I should.

No idea how this happened but after i installed it I was curious and tried to paste.

Either way -> happy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines