Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop cs5 closes after launching

Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of the blue, photoshop cs5 closes immediately after launching. Windows message pops up saying "Adobe Photoshop CS5 had to close and Windows is checking for a solution" with an option to close program. Bridge will open separately but I can't open the files. Should I uninstall/reinstall? Was working before but just recently very slow in launching and Bridge extremely slow to open.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your Photodhop preferences

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't reset the Preferences because the message from Windows pops up before I can get to it. I also noticed that in my folders there are Bridgesort files. (Bridge can only be opened separately from PS) These Bridgesort files appeared after my computer was scanned with diagnostic and repair tools from a third-party.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the shortcut keys to reset you preferences.  Click your Photoshop launching icon. Immediately if not sooner press and hold. Shift+Alt+Ctrl.  If you do that quickly Photoshop start up should see the keys are press and open a dialog asking if you want to delete your Preferences.  Reply yes. Photoshop should delete your Preferences files and generate a new set of preferences files with Adobe default settings for your user ID.  Photoshop should them start.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, was able to delete Preferences, but when program opened the message appeared again, saying PS had to close. So, is the next step uninstalling/reinstalling? Also, re BridgeSort files: Should I delete these?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andrea821 wrote:

Ok, was able to delete Preferences, but when program opened the message appeared again, saying PS had to close.

When that happens there is normally a crash report look at the details see what the failing module is/

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, but I don't know how to do this. How can I get instructions on how to view and interpret report?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If windows.CC 2015 crash.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got so far as finding the critical events but when I click on them there is no information other than the date and time, and an option to find a solution. When I click on this, it says no solution was found but to check action center for solutions in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double click on the Photoshop stopped working eve t to open the details

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved, but not by the above. Don't understand it but it was just a simple enabling of startup items (Adobe ones I guess) which had been disabled by tech support for a previous problem. But your mentioning cs services manager helped because I was going to look for it in the Services startup but saw other items unchecked, checked them, restarted the computer, and not even counting on this, PS started and appears to be working normally. Thank God! And thanks to all of you for all the time you put into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We also have the problem. We can not do graphic work ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very common and happens with a lot of cs5 users.

To counter the issue :

• clear your pref
  • cs5servicemanager.exe is working or not.
  • Look out for the crack file.

This may help - Forum: Photoshop CS5 closes only seconds after opening - DeviantArt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cleared preferences already, no change. Don't know how to see if cs5 service manager exe is working or not (I have cs5 not cs5.5). Don't know where crack file is. The video is about pirated ps, not what I have, so it doesn't help in my case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you go to control panel/administrative tools/event viewer/windows logs/

open drop menu and select application

find the PS crash error report

select it and then go to the right and select "copy"    "copy as text"

paste the message here.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines