• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5 on WIndows 10 Won't Open

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have cs5 on windows 10. Today it decided it won't open. No splash screen even appears. Task manager shows it's running. Ended task and tried again. Nothing. Can't run as administrator either. Tried to open it by clicking a PSD file, but still nothing. It just won't open even though it worked fine a couple days ago.

I have the install disks but can't find my reg code with the disk so I'm afraid to try to reinstall the suite.

Anyone know what else I can try?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

So I tried system restore, and it failed. It showed the error message in the attached screen cap. Seeing that, I went into task manager and ended the process for Acrobat, and Photoshop opened. 🙂

Just thought I'd add what the problem was and the cure in case anyone else has this issue, and wanted to thank you folks who tried to help. Much appreciated! Have a great day, y'all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try manually resetting your Photoshop preferences

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but that didn't work. Other programs in the suite open fine, it's just Photoshop. Neither the 32 bit or 64 bit will open.

Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try restarting the computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thank you. Not just a reboot, but I shut it down completely and waited a long while before restarting it. I was hopeful but it didn't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about System Restore?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried that ... yet. I was hoping to find a fix without going that far. I'll try that as a last resort later today if there aren't any other suggestions that work. Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use this tool to try and find your serial number for CS5, it gives a detailed report of your system along with application licence keys

https://www.belarc.com/products/belarc-advisor/download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Downloading now. I wonder if that would work on an old hard drive that died? There's a reg code I'd like to get off of it, too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked. It only showed a handful of licenses out of dozens, but CS5 was one of them! Now to find the install disks. One question though, it alsos showed this: 

EOL-Adobe End of Life Adobe Photoshop 12.0.0.0 is vulnerable and no security updates are provided by the vendor

Is that just because it's no longer supported (but should still work)?

Thanks again for your time! I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be fine, it's showing EOL meaning no support or security updates, you can download CS5 from here, I've tested the links and they work fine, it's a trusted site and the links are directed to Adobe servers

https://prodesigntools.com/all-adobe-cs5-direct-download-links.html

Remember to keep a backup copy of the downloads as the links might not work in the future

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I tried system restore, and it failed. It showed the error message in the attached screen cap. Seeing that, I went into task manager and ended the process for Acrobat, and Photoshop opened. 🙂

Just thought I'd add what the problem was and the cure in case anyone else has this issue, and wanted to thank you folks who tried to help. Much appreciated! Have a great day, y'all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines