• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 Color Halftone not working properly

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys! I've been following tutorials about color halftone effects on Youtube. I have no problem with the process. I just don't get the desired result. I explored Photoshop to fix it but I can't find a solution. I tried to apply the effect on Illustrator but I got the same problem. Please help. Thanks in advance.
Screenshot (1849).png56441176-basic-halftone-dots-effect-in-black-and-white-color-halftone-effect-dot-halftone-black-white-halfton.jpg

I want it to look like the second pic.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Please post screenshots of the SO and the result in the containing document.

Another option would be going with a black halftone gradient and adding a Solid Color Layer of the intended color set to Blend Mode »Screen«.

Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 14.32.50.png

Another would be the use of blurred patterns set to Blend Mode Hard Mix.

halftoneGradientExampleScr1.pnghalftoneGradientExampleScr2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend you select the gradient and the white background both, then convert them to one Smart Object before applying the Filter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked.... however, i want it to be green dots only (no black color). How can I do that?
Screenshot (1850).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the Smart Object and change the color of the Layer with the green gradient (a Color Overlay may suffice) to something like 0-255-0, then save and close the SO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

c.pfaffenbichler, I followed your instructions but nothing happened. I also tried to apply color overlay but it did nothing as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post screenshots of the SO and the result in the containing document.

Another option would be going with a black halftone gradient and adding a Solid Color Layer of the intended color set to Blend Mode »Screen«.

Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 14.32.50.png

Another would be the use of blurred patterns set to Blend Mode Hard Mix.

halftoneGradientExampleScr1.pnghalftoneGradientExampleScr2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first option worked! Thanks for your help c.pfaffenbichler! I appreciate it. But I'm still going to try the other options just to test.
Screenshot (1852).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I'm still going to try the other options just to test.

The result of the filter depends on the image, in this case basically the color of the gradient.

If that color is not a primary it should not be unexpected to get some black, too, and that C, M and Y may not line up. (Edit: … despite being set to the same angle.)

Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 14.59.47.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried a different color but it still has black in it.
Screenshot (1851).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the colors?

Are they »broken« in the sense that they are not primary or secondary colors?

And I suspect you may be better off with the Solid-Color-Screen-method over a black halftone pattern.

That way you can easily change the color without having to go into the SO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes sir. Thanks again for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could also try Filter > Filter Gallery > Sketch > Halftone Pattern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another option would be to add a Color Fill layer, and apply a gradient and Color Halftone to it layer mask:

You'd have to then invert the mask so that the dots will be the color, rather than white.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pick your color space by going to Image > Mode > [choice of color space], or just leave it as-is. For the halftone, go to Filter > Pixelate > Color Halftone to open the dialog box. In the top menu, Max Radius dictates the size of the dots; the higher the number, the bigger the dot. For any help with Graphic Design, you can read Seek Social blog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines