• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop cs6 Extended activation from Dvd?

Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2018 Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a DVD disk version of Photoshop cs6 Extended on eBay in an opened DVD case. The disk is in perfect shape & it has an activation code on the DVD back cover of the dvd case as well as half a page of system requirements , barcodes, manufacturing inflo & Adobe icons as well as at the page of details about CS6 extended.

I ran the setup program and it loaded without a hitch. I opened the program and everything appears to be as it should be, but I was not asked during the loading or the opening of the program to enter the activation key. I did not see any warning about a trial copy or anything else.

Does this sound normal for a DVD version of this software?  I am especially interested in hearing about the experience of other buyers of the disc version of the CS6 software. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I looked under the Help tab & I found Activate and Deactivate were grayed out.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not seem to be a normal CS2 install.  If the serial you received is a valid Adobe serial you should be able to download Photoshop from Adobe site and install and activated CS6 using that serial.  Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications  anyone can download CS6 it will install as a trial without a serial.  With a valid serial you should able to activated CS6. If your ebay CS6 was cheap you have been scammed... CS6 Standard should be around $700 Extended around $1000.  Perhaps more not the Adobe no longer markets CS6.  A used licence need to be transfred to the new user through Adobe. Transfer an Adobe product license

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For2itus  wrote

I just bought a DVD disk version of Photoshop cs6 Extended on eBay in an opened DVD case. The disk is in perfect shape & it has an activation code on the DVD back cover

There's no reason to even ask. Any CS6 copy sold now - many years after Adobe stopped selling them - is a pirate copy. CS6 copies is all the pirates have left now. They can't sell CC licenses, nobody would buy them when the real thing is available for only $10 a month.

There was never an "activation code". There was a serial number that you entered during the install procedure, with a confirmation when accepted, and then the software was activated silently in the background later.

With activate/deactivate grayed out, the hackers either disabled that, or it's a volume license sold individually, which always was illegal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines