Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 Subscription Activation Question

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2012 Jul 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was wondering if it is standard behaviour for my PS CS6 subscription to require me to log in to Activate the licence EVERY time I use it? I thought that one it was activated, PS only checks the Activation every 30 days. Once I log in the activation works fine, however if for any reason my internet connection was not available, it would seem that I would not be able to use my copy of PS.

I realise that that would happen even if the check was every 30 days, but that would only be a possible issue once a month, not every day!

Thanks,

Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Sep 30, 2012 Sep 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dan

My 32 bit CS6 apps run and start the serial number request after they have pretty much finished launching. I can decline the serial number entry and use the apps. Only a minor irritation.

The 64 bit CS6 apps always request the serial number as they start. I have to enter the serial number in order to use them. If I don’t, they close. However, as my AdobeID has been killed somehow, and not reinstated as promised on Friday, I cannot use the 64 bit versions at all. This is not a problem for Ai and Ps as both 32/64 bit versions are provided. However, Premiere is 64 bit only so I cannot use it at all.

Maybe we will get some news in October…

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2012 Sep 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, my solution that I posted a short time ago came and went. I still get

the request to enter my serial number. I thought maybe there was something

wrong with the DVDs that were sent to me. So I completely un-installed all

Adobe apps on my system, then downloaded Photoshop CS6 from the Adobe site

(trial version) then entered my serial number. The same behavior, it works

for several application launches, then the ol' "You're running a trial

version..." splash screen appears where I can enter my serial number again.

I do get a real, working version, though, because the "Deactivate" menu item

is enabled. Also, I can get updates. My concern is that after 30 days, this

will completely time out and I won't be able to even run the activated trial

version. When the program loads, I must say, it is an awesome program. I am

talking to Amazon about returning the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what happened to me as well. It can be made to function for a while and is activated, but then reverts to wanting the serial number every time. CS6 continues working (for me anyway) after 30 days with the prompt for the serial number. Just enter the number and continue. I have had this since June and Adobe have known about it all that time – over 3 months.

Coincidentally, I bought my disks through Amazon – I assume that is just coincidence!

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 03, 2012 Oct 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dan and PikesPeakLV

can I ask you what sort of  user accounts you use to log into Windows? Are they standard OS accounts or have they been modified in some way? I ask in the light of this suggestion:

"I think we're getting to the bottom of the issue here. I suspect that the issue is the type of account you're logged in as and the permissions this contains. When installing our applications, you should always be logged in as the local administrator account - did you do this? This includes the activation process which needs to write to the folders I have mentioned in my previous mail.

I suspect that if you log in as an administrator, activate the software, reboot the machine and log back in as an administrator, the issue does not present itself. Could you test that out?

When running the software, we only officially support the standard user accounts that come with the operating system. Any customisation of these accounts can cause unexpected behaviour. We do provide support with these types of accounts with issues that can be reproduced when using the standard user accounts."

My university account is customised. For example, the security tab does not appear in the properties dialogue for a directory or file because the university uses a different method for managing permissions. On the other hand, my customised account works fine with CS6 on my desktop and only fails on my laptop.

Do either of you use standard user accounts?

thanks

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, its standard, no customizations

I setup mine & my wifes as Administrator.

This has never been an issue before.

Now you could speculate that it's not happy that there are two admin accounts.

But the least they could do, if that were the case, would be to post an error message telling you. 

The fact that the behhaviour is transient with the 32 bit app & sticky with the 64 bit app says the problem is more obsure in their licensing scheme.

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dan

I thought that would be the case for you from the description you gave of your PC. I have multiple administrator accounts on both my desktop and my laptop. I don't think the number of admins will have an effect. If you had a non-standard account, the implcation of the third paragraph of my quote in #78 is that we would both be abandoned...

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2012 Sep 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.  I will try this in the morning.  Right now like d-swiger I am retyping the key to use the software.  The tech I spoke with today said the the key could be defective and told me to get my refund and buy a new digital download from Adobe.  I purchased my software through Academic Superstore (student and teacher edition dvd install).  I'll give your suggestion a go.  Again thanks everyone for the help.  You all have been more insightful and concerned than Adobe has been about this issue.  I will post an update soon.  Good luck to all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines