Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Photoshop deleted all of my brushes, I need to find or recreate this brush, can anyone help?

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay inheritly I'm upset that Photoshop purged my brushes without warning inbetween me turning it on and using them as normal, shuting down photoshop, then turining back on to find all of them gone, but that is to me the least important factor in my issue right now.

I am so incrediably desperate to find this brush preset again, it was my aboslute favorite to draw with and I can't work on any of my in progress drawings anymore without it- and honestly I'm really sad about it.

I've been searching for hours for this brush- the preset was called "Square Brush" and I think I got it from a pack but it wasn't just a square, it was so much better, it kept it's form in a way I loved and I used it for everything- I have some images I wasn't quite planing on showing anyone in this state but they show me using it

If anyone reocnizes it maybe, or thinks they know where I got it from, or knows how to get my old brush list back (There was a few dozen I used but only this one that I truely need back) please let me know- Or if anyone could tell me how I might be able to recreate something close enough to it that it will blend well into the things I was working on with the now lost brush I would be extremely greatful. Thank you for anyhelp you guys could give!

One last thing; I have no idea how or why this happened, once I find this brush again I will save it to a second location and make sure I never lose it again. The only thing I know is that I had them all as normal, I shut down photoshop for a few hours, turned it back on, and all of them were gone but the orgional brushes and a weird set of 14 or so brushes from a pack I didn't use in seemingly random folders. If this is a known thing that has a fix please let me know!

945bdcf024b17b68b2fbf1af485495ec.pngf1ca64889fd697cff15705058d416ca4.png42f70bf971f99434d695428274bf04be.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or even if you have a suggestion for a similar brush you know of I could be using for the same purpose of just an all around drawing tool please don't hesitate to share! I really need something 😧

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I've been searching for hours for this brush- the preset was called "Square Brush" and I think I got it from a pack but it wasn't just a square,"

Can you remember from which pack? If you haven't created that brush yourself then it is downloaded from from the internet or included in some pack that ships with Photoshop. Try to remember which set exactly or start loading them and checking. Perhaps you can find brushes that are somewhere on your drive? Do not forget and Legacy Brushes available from Window > Brushes panel menu.

legacy brushes.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines