Photoshop directx error

New Here ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a fresh install of photoshop on my laptop, and I get the following error when I start up, It warns of  outdated graphics drivers and says that directx is unavalible. but I updated all the avalable drivers yesterday, and when I run dxdiag, it shows that directx 12 is installed and no problems found.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What exact GPU do have on your system

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quadro 1000m

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That GPU was released in 2011 so it's pretty old, also you more than likely have dual GPU's on the laptop, see sections 7 and 8 from the below

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html#Troubleshoot

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope, its a single gpu, but meets the minimum specs for photoshop, photoshop is just not reading the directx 12 installed (when I launch photoshop and get the compadibility report, the only fatal error is it said it is missing directx)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the menu is greyed out - I can't use the menues because photoshop chrashed as soon as I close the compadibility report

error-image.PNGproof of error.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Intel i7 2760qm has an Intel HD 3000 GPU

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, in device manager, there is both the hd graphics 3000 and the 1000m, but the gpu used by all heavy applications (photoshop included) is the quadro 1000m build into this laptop.

display adapters.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at sections 7 and 8 of the link I posted above

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no luck- I have already done step 7, and I am hesitent to do step 8, as the onboard (intel) graphics is my fallback gpu if the main one breaks. I do not belive that photoshop is reading the onboard(intel) gpu, as all apps are forced to use the m1000, including photoshop(look at the bottem of my first screenshot)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but I'm out of ideas, the last driver available for the Nvidia GPU is dated 2017

You really need to consider updating to a new system if you want to continue using Photoshop, GPU requirements have changed considerably for the most recent versions and will continue to do so going forward.

2022-05-17 17_21_27-Quadro Desktop_Quadro Notebook Driver Release 375 _ R375 U9 (377.55) _ Windows 1.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Been a while, Huge new update to whoever finds this thread while Googling/searching and stumble onto this thread. Thanks to the help to the others in this thread, the silver lining of this is as follows:

if you desperately need to run photoshop on a w520 laptop, update the internal gpu drivers, and boot into internal graphics only. I am still working on a way to run photoshop with the Nvidia card enabled. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines