• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop doesn't close

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I close Photoshop, it remains in the Task Manager and memory is being used all the time. Even if I do End Task, it doesn't help and I can't reopen Photoshop. I have to restart my entire Pc to fix this. Am using CC 2020 on Windows 10. Can anyone Help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post your Photoshop 21.2.9 help>System Info  perhaps the will shed some light on your issue.  Is your windows 10 fully updated and your Display Device driver the latest available not your display adaptor? The task manager should be able to terminate a hung Application.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also try to free memory and disk space and check the PC with an antivirus software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something is definitely wrong there.  If you are lucky, it is just Photoshop, in which case reinstalling Photoshop will hopefullt fix it.  You might have to use the Cleaner tool before reinstalling.  Photoshop will not release memory or delete any temp files from your scratch drive if it does not close properly.

If you are not lucky, it could be your operating system, or even your hardware.  Have you had any system crashes, or lost power while the computer is on? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to try reinstall Photoshop delete your user ID Photoshop Preferences folder before you un-install and re-install Photoshop 2020 version 21.2.9

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will try reinstalling, but this is the issue. Check the attached video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines