• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Export As - Window font all screwed up?

Explorer ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I need some help. Whenever I go to "Export As" in Photoshop I see this;

In other words. I can't read anything so I can't make the right export.

Hopefully some of you know what the problem is and how to fix this!

Thanks in advance!

- Kevin

Schermafbeelding 2017-05-15 om 20.46.30.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Could you please try resetting the preferences of Photoshop?

To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil,

Thanks for your reply. Just tried this and did get the popup to reset the preference settings. Just did this. Then restarted Photoshop a few times but no look on the fonts in the export window changing. In other words, I keep having this problem.

Any other suggestions maybe?

Cheers!

- Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate the efforts there Kevin. In this case, the best thing to do would be to do a clean install of Photoshop use the following tool to remove everything related to Adobe then reinstall Photoshop and let us know if it helps.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have a conflicting font installed. Did you instal anything new recently? Do you use a utility app to manage your fonts like Extensis Suitcase? I've had a similar problem happen in the past (although not specifically with Photoshop). I was able to fix the problem by turning off the conflicting font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Theresa,

Sounds like we're almost there. I do indeed use Suitcase Fusion for my fonts. Do you happen to know what font Adobe uses? It will be a hard job disabling all fonts one by one to see which one is conflicting

I find it strange it's just in the "Export As" window though. All other windows/ panels seem to work just fine.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe when I had a font conflict it was with Helvetica Fractions, but I can't remember for certain. I ended up deleting the offending font from my system to keep it from happening again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sahil.Chawla

Thanks for the tips. I too attempted the Settings reset to no avail. But I'm wondering if there's anyway that Adobe might be able to provide a list of incompatible fonts that affect the Export As panel. I'm having the same problem, however, I haven't used the Export As option in months. And in those months I've installed and activated many fonts using Suitcase.

Also, could it be that the current version of Suitcase is incompatible? Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Late reply, but perhaps still useful. I was just having this problem and by turning off a few Helvetica Neue Condensed fonts in Suitcase was able to fix it. I didn't even have to restart Photoshop, the problem was fixed when I reopened the Export As menu.

I think I've had similar issues with Helvetica fonts and Adobe products.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update to Photoshop CC has resolved this issue for me. Check your version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. I'm all up-to-date and the issue was still happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone still have this issue?

Screenshot_1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue not sure whether it is the font or not..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and the font is exactly like yours. Please tell me how did you fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had same issue, managed to track down what font it was using font recognition site(s). Yeah in plural, it took an hour or two. It's this font: San Francisco Regular otf (400) Font from CreativeMarket
Removing it made it revert back to Adobe Clean font again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just as i looked in the script folder, i noticed the same. than saw your post as i wanted to add this info here.         

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines